Rob's Revenge

Ryan's POV

"Hey Guys." I try to fake a smile as I enter the daycare room.

"Hi Ryan, what's up?" Tina asks

"Nothing."

"Are you Ok?" She starts to look concerned.

"Yeh." I lie again.

"Ryan? Tell me please!" She's now stood up and coming over to me.

I cant lie anymore. "Cookie... Cookie is in hospital.". I hear the other kids gasp, shocked at the news. "She has come down with a fever but from past experiences, When Cookie gets ill, it gets worse but they managed to save her meaning that it's the same for me. If I get ill... I'm in the hands of death.". I shove my head in my hands, trying to hold back tears that are threatening to escape.

"Awe, Ryan. She will get through it!" I feel arms wrap around my waist. I peer through my fingers to see Tina hugging me. I smile, hugging her back

"She only just made it last time which was 10 years ago when she was about 15. And I was 17."

"Cookie is 25 now. Her systems will have gotten stronger meaning she has more of a chance to survive."

"I know but if I loose her, I face Rob alone. Tom is at university and doesn't come home till next week meaning that if she dies today or tomorrow, I Face 5 days of near death experiences."

"Come live with me and Tony."

"Your Dad hates the idea of us together, us within kissing and hugging distance and pretty much doesn't like me."

"Well tough. He has no choice. Cookie will live. I know it. BFF side kick powers. Totally." She laughs, making me laugh too.

"you did it again."

"What?"

"Made me open up and laugh within a few minutes. None of my other friends can do it."

"Jealous. Much." Says Matt.

My phone begins to ring and I immediately pick up. "Hello...?"

"Hello is this Ryan Damon?" Asks the woman on the other end.

"Yes it is. How can I help?"

"It's about your sister, Ryan"

"Oh..."

"We've managed to save her. 5 minutes to spare. She's currently recovering and you can pick her up tomorrow"

"That's wonderful. Thank you!"

"No problem. Goodbye"

"Bye". I bring th phone away from my ear and end the call, putting my phone back in my pocket. I'm so relieved. "Cookie has been saved with 5 minutes to spare"

"Oh. Maybe BFF side kick powers really are real."

"Obviously."

"What a shame." Inputs a voice I know all too well.

"Crud! Gotta go!". I am not dealing with him when he's like this. I start to run but a strong grip on the back of my shirt pulls me back and holds me. "Put me down! Stat!"

"No. what a shame that Cookie didn't nearly make it. Look who is back! Me! I've been so good at boarding school that they are bringing me back. Forever."

"They wouldn't think or do such a thing!" Tina objects.

"Or would they?" I question, thinking back on everything. "I was the unwanted child! Now he has proved himself good. Of course they would think and do this."