Telling Them

"Welcome to another day of daycare!" I shout as I run through the open archway of the daycare. Man I haven't done that for a while. I run up the stairs, a big smile on my face and excited to see everyone again. "Hi everybody!"

"Ryan!" They all say in unison upon seeing me.

"Hey! Um, where's Ash?"

"Your lover-girlfriend-I mean best female friend" Matt starts.

"Better"

"She's upstairs"

"Oh, how come?"

"Some idiotic person drove into Ash whilst she was driving here."

My eyes widen, scared at the thought of Ash being hurt. "Is she Ok?!"

"Yeh. Hurt a little bit nothing serious at all. Just a little out of it from shock I guess"

I sigh in relief. "Good. Makes sense though"

"Yeah".

"Right. So a pedestrian just drove into her?"

He smiles and it's clear he's trying not to laugh. "Yeah". I look at him confused and he lets out a chuckle. "You said pedestrian."

"Wow- really? That got you? Oh my"

"Who says pedestrian? It's person!"

"Oh shut up. Imma go check on Ash. Then we'll be down to catch up. Missed you all"

"Hey" I say softly as I enter the room.

"Hey.. Wait Ryan?!" She turns around, a big smile on her face. She gets up and runs over to me, giving me a big hug which I gladly accept. "Cutie! You're back at daycare!"

"Yeah I am. Anyway, how are you Miss Random-Pedestrian-Drove-Into-Your-Car-On-The-Way-Here?"

She laughs. "I'm alright now"

"It's because I said pedestrian isn't it?"

"Yup! How'd you know?"

"Matt did the same"

"What, laugh?". I hum. "Aha. Anyway, yeh I'm fine. Will you care to escort me downstairs Cutie?"

"Heh, sure. Come on Ash". I hold her hand and we walk in a comfortable silence down the stairs. Just before we enter the main daycare room, I give her a quick and cheeky kiss before letting go of her hand and entering.

"Ash you Ok?" Many ask her.

She smiles. "Yeh, I'm fine now. Don't worry guys".

Somehow, we all end up just sat in a circle on the floor and chilling, making conversation with one another for who knows how long.

"Honestly, like, it was the funniest thing. He just did like for three sixty spins then fell over" Says Matt, describing this funny thing he witnessed happening to Dave.

"Man, you should've seen Dave" adds Tony, starting to laugh.

"Was it really that funny?" Dave asks to which everyone replies with 'yes' in unison.

As they are talking and laughing, I decide to take the risk of holding Ash's hand. I know everyone's around but I just want to hold her hand for the sake of holding hands. Despite the fact that the others could see us if I'm not careful, I hold her hand anyways and hide it to the best I can.