THIRTY SEVEN

Jungkook enjoyed the silence in the room. Looking out of the window with the bright sky and blinding sunlight, he took a deep breath and sighed.

It's not like he didn't want to live anymore. He just found everything was so tiring. Involve with people is so tiring. He just want to be alone like before so he felt like he would less hurt than he is right now.

Jaejin visited him just now. All he could do just faking himself. He didn't want to hurt Jaejin who at the same state of his, cannot walk and cannot do much. Some small chat and then Jungkook excused himself to rest some more. Then, until now, he was alone in his room.

He knew his imo or samchul must be outside, managed to not disturb him who in his mood swings. He felt sorry about that too. He just wanted to be alone and arranged everything that messing his mind. Even he hates himself now.

***

"Imo...samchul... I am sorry."

Jungkook said while staring blankly at the bland soup as his lunch.

"It's okay. We understand." His imo nodded while her mind was busy searching for suitable words to say to him.

"It's just too tiring. The same thing happened and I felt bad on myself." Jungkook sighed.

"Kook-ah, just don't think too much about that. For now just focus on your recovery, okay?" His samchul got the flow.

"What's the point of recovery if I didn't know how to take care of myself in the future?"

The adults exchanged glances. Their nephew's worried face totally hurt them.

"Who said you will hurt again in the future?" His imo stared into his eyes.

"We don't know anything in the future though..." Jungkook bit his lower lips.

"Then, you don't have any rights to say that your future is like that." His samchul showed him a warm smile and Jungkook couldn't feel any safer than that.

"We couldn't promise you anything but well, I believe that you deserve the better ones after this." She patted his head, comforting him.

Jungkook finally wearing his genuine smile. He still scared of the future but at least he has people that really loves him at his side.

***

The atmosphere in the room was a bit intense. Four boys with flustered face hanging their head low while the one sitting on the bed staring blankly at his fingers. They had been staying at that position for almost 5 minutes. Still no words from anyone.

"I'm sorry."

Two voices spoke in sync. The husky one from Taehyung and the another from Jungkook. Both with sad tone.

A second of silence in between and then all of them broke into laughter.

"Wow, the awkwardness just now almost killing me." Hoseok expressed his feelings as he realised that Jungkook was in a good state of mind.

"I am sorry. It's my fault. Well, you know, this head was hit numerous time and I wonder how much brain cells left in there. I just cannot think straight." Jungkook being apologetic. He was wrong anyway.

"Yah..It's okay. We understand." Namjoon patted Jungkook's shoulder with a broad smile followed by his dimples.

"It's my fault too... I played around at the wrong time..." Taehyung pouted cutely. He was really guilty and couldn't sleep that night thinking of the incident.

"Are you feel better now?" Jimin asked.

"Of course not. I couldn't walk. It's really annoying. I also need to eat with left hand. Everything is hard." Jungkook said it out casually as if it was nothing but to the boys, they felt sad hearing that.

Silence again.

"So did those punks already caught?" Jungkook asked a random question.

"Sure. Juvenile school. They were sent there." Hoseok explained.

Jungkook's face didn't change even it was a good news to be heard.

"Yah, no one will hurt you after this. We...we will protect you." Taehyung cutely spat out the promise. He excellently made Jungkook smiled.

"Thanks. I really appreciate it." Jungkook showed his toothy smile.

"Are you still wanna leave to Seoul?" Namjoon suddenly curious.

Jungkook nodded slowly.

"Maybe somewhere faraway and for a longer time. I want a fresh start and need a lot of time to heal my heart and mind. You understand what I mean right?" Jungkook also felt guilty to say that. The boys just really kind to him.

They nodded with no words. Sad faces too.

"Yah, you guys love me that much?" Jungkook teased them.

The boys almost teared up.  Seeing that, Jungkook felt bad too. He sighed before his lips curled a smile.

"Come here. Let's do a group hug."

***

Jungkook almost threw away the chopsticks as it was already the 24th times he tried to pick up the food with that pair of sticks and he failed.

Frustrated, he gave up eating and took his phone, played his favourite song. He closed his eyes and tried to relax his mind.

"I miss Kim Byeol."

It such a random thoughts but he sincerely miss that girl.

***

It's been two weeks Jungkook was warded in the hospital. He could walk now with the help of crutches. It was hard but Jungkook was grateful enough at least he could go anywhere he wants even the doctor advised him to just use the wheelchair instead of that two helpful sticks.

Early in the morning, Jungkook will leave his room. Went downstairs to the landscape garden of the hospital, he found serene there, just like one that he had at the greenhill.

That morning was different. Jungkook realised someone been following him till there. He managed to stay unbothered and let the person reveal itself when it's ready.

Jungkook sat on the bench. Putting his crutches which already became his best friend aside, leaned them against the other side of the bench. Unfortunately, the crutches fell on the ground and Jungkook couldn't help but groaned.

He tried to pick up the crutches but with his limitations, he literally struggling. A trial after another, he almost gave up. But then, a familiar figure appeared and helped him picked up the sticks.

Jungkook was stunned for awhile. He just missed her so much.

"It's been a while, Jeon-ah..."