ONE

"Imo, I want to see my room."

The boy said as soon as we appeared in front of them. I bet he wanted to avoid us. Pfft. Rude. He even threw a quick glance before he left. It was totally obvious that he wanted to be alone. What's wrong with him? Ugh.

***

My parents and the woman chatted like they were old friends. How can they avoid the awkwardness? Then, there was me sitting in silence. Playing with my fingers, drinking a lot and absorbed in my thoughts about the house interior. Their voice was only like a blowing wind at night but yet I heard it well. I must listen to their conversation too well until I didn't realise that my name was mentioned.

"Byeol-ah, introduce yourself."
My father elbowed me. I was completely dumbfounded.

"Uh? Okay."

My eyes met the woman's. Yeah, she is pretty and even looks  young despite her age that she mentioned just now. Her eyes clearly show fondness and sincerity. She was also smiling like she anticipating me much.

"I am Kim Byeol. 17 years old. The only daughter."

I ended with a smile that the woman had been encouraged me to. She had the positive vibes. In short, I like this woman.

"Oh, you're Jungkook's friend. He is 17 years old too."

So, that lonely boy named Jungkook?

"He is my nephew and actually the real owner of this house. I hope you can befriend with him. He got problems in socialising back then in Seoul and I really want you to help him."

Oh wait! Seoul boy. Tsk. Problems in socialising? With that arrogant looking, he couldn't even survive here.

"Ah. I see."

I answered like unwillingly to help.

"Can you please, promise me to help?"

The woman begged. Seemed desperate. With her doe eyes, I couldn't refuse.

"Oh, sure. Of course I will help."

***

I've been doing nothing for an hour except scrolling my social media feeds. My parents still there chatting enthusiastically with the woman and it became worse as her husband newly arrived there.

Oh, damn boring. Adults conversations never excite me. My eyes started to trail around and my butt seemed to be numb. It was suffocating to stay here and I need fresh air.

"Ah... Excuse me. May I have a look around?"

I interrupted their talk with such a very polite way.

"Sure."

I got the green light. Without wasting any single second, I excitedly left the living room.

***

I walked endlessly. No direction of course. Also I didn't aware that I dare to go upstairs. It was not over the line, right? Yeah, the house was even empty except the old dusty wallpaper covering the wall. The atmosphere was dull here but I happened to remembered some memories from the past and it made me willingly to walk more. I used to spend time here while I was a girl. Still confused what actually happened at those time, I smiled while remembering those childhood memory with the gold hearted couple in their house.