TWENTY FIVE

"Kim Byeol?"

Byeol who keep kicking the stone in front of Jungkook house gate was approached by a familiar voice.

"Hi, imo." She sheepishly smile, fixing her messy hair.

"What are you doing here? You want to see Jungkook, right?" The woman opened the gate and brought her best friends' daughter into the front lawn.

"Yes." She nodded. "I thought the house is empty. That's why I wait outside. Well... I see the door lamp is off...so..." Byeol grinned awkwardly.

"Yeah, it's broken yesterday. And I asked Jungkook to buy the new bulb just now." The woman gave her kind smile. She then noticed something.

"Isn't that Jungkook's shirt?"

Byeol was dumbfounded. Wearing Jungkook's shirt was not a new thing to her but that was a very first time she wore it in front of the woman. Maybe Jungkook's imo was having a culture shock.

"Ouh?" She scratched her nape shyly. "Ah...well..." lying or not, her mouth couldn't utter a thing.

"Seems like you guys are really close." The woman laughed looking at the panic girl. "It's okay. It's just weird that Jungkook let people wearing his. He is not that kind of boy who loves to share."

Byeol acknowledged that but she didn't know that Jungkook was that stingy. Since the first time they started getting closer, Jungkook seemed to just share everything with her.

"You must be a special one to him." The imo added.

Byeol felt something tingled in her heart.

'Special one?'

Byeol replied with a plain smile. The atmosphere was really awkward.

Suddenly, the sound of the gate squeaking made both lady turned.

"You're here." The imo smiled to her beloved nephew who she already thought as her son.

Jungkook walked in with his bike and and plastic bag in his hand. No words from him and he managed to ignore Byeol as much as he can.

"Let's come in both of you, you guys can join your samchul with his tea." The woman invited them in with much fond.

Jungkook shook his head. "I think I want to fix the lamp first."

"The lamp can wait, Kook. Plus, Byeol seems wanting to tell you something." The imo turned her head to Byeol who already blank. "Right, sweetheart?"

Byeol never been that stressed out while being with these Jeons but she suddenly out of words that time. "Ahh.. well... it's not really important..."

"Then, go back home."

Jungkook cut her words in a harsh way. Byeol was snapped.

"It's already late. You should back home. You said it's not important. So, let just talk tomorrow."

His face was completely emotionless and that was annoying also sparked Byeol's anger.

"Yah..you.." she wanted to curse but she couldn't as there was an adult there staring at them in a really short distance.

"I think I should let both of you talk." The woman excuse herself as she realised both young people already glaring each other. "Kook, be careful while fixing the lamp and Byeol can help you too. I'll go inside first and you guys can join us after you're done talking."

The imo walked into the house while Jungkook and Byeol still didn't finish their glaring competition.

"What's happening out there?" Mr Jeon asked her wife that landed her body after him on the couch at the living room.