THIRTY FIVE

T/w: violence

Byeol was at her table, reading the book. The teacher was not in yet and from nowhere, Goeun, her classmate, approaching her deskmate, Bora. Pulling a nearby chair towards and she start whining.

"Bora...listen. Today is the last day Jungkook is here and guess what, he already left 30 minutes ago."

"OMO! Really? He will transfer school?" Bora was in shocked.

Byeol too.

"I heard he will back to Seoul and stay there until forever. Uwaa!! I will never meet him again..." Goeun pouted and her face full of disappointment.

"You should like him earlier. Sorry for you.." Bora comforting her best friend.

"He just stole my heart yesterday though."

Those two girls continued their conversation with somewhat Byeol didn't care.

Byeol spaced out. Jungkook appeared in her mind.

Guilty.

She unnecessarily felt guilty.

And sad.

***

"Why you didn't tell me earlier?"

Byeol asked her parents for confirmation and she was really disappointed to know that it was true.

"We thought you already know. Jungkook is your best friend." His mom said.

"He...didn't tell me a thing.." Byeol sighed.

"Never mind. We will have dinner at their place tonight. He must have a reason why he didn't tell you." Her father realised Byeol's long face and tried to comfort her but Byeol barely heard that.

***

"Jaejin-ah, I need to back home now. Wake up quick. You need to help me unpack my things and decorate my room."

Jungkook stared at Jaejin who still didn't move an inch. He secretly sighed. Obviously, no answer from his friend.

"I'll go first. See you tomorrow." He took his things and slowly exited the room.

Jungkook bumped into Jaejin's mother at the outside. He bowed and bid his farewell.

"Jungkook, inform me when you've arrived Seoul. We want to pay a visit." The woman flashed her motherly warm smile.

"Sure. I'll let my imo know." Jungkook bowed again and they parted ways.

.
.
.
.

Jungkook got into the bus safely. Took his seat by the window, he leaned his head against the fibre glass. His mind was out to somewhere, reminisced all the moments he been through for past two years, he somehow felt grateful that he is still alive.

"Just one more day, I will have a fresh start." He took a deep breath and shut his eyes.

.
.

Jungkook's phone rang. The screen showed the caller's name and automatically, he smiled.

Jimin

He answered in quick.

"Yah! Jungkook! Where are you?" It was Taehyung's voice.

"On my way back home. On the bus. I'll arrive in 2 hours, I think." Jungkook looked out of the window. The bus still on highway.

"Back home quick. Let spend the whole night together." Jimin's voice then appeared.

"Tsk. I need a lot to pack by the way. It's a no."