SIXTEEN

Weird.

I woke up in my room.

I must accidentally sleep while watching the movie last night but

Where's Jungkook?

The house was just full with silence.

I managed to get up and went downstairs.

Jungkook used to sleep on the sofa as our guest room already turned to be the store if he sleepover here.

But

He was not there.

Everything was very clean and tidy, totally different from last night. Both of us were really made a huge mess.

He tidy up everything?

I looked around and made my way to the kitchen. I saw food on the table.

Kimchi fried rice.

There was also a note beside it.

Morning, Byeol-ah! Early in the morning imo and samchul were home which means I need to back home too. You are sleeping really well that's why I didn't dare to wake you up. Enjoy your breakfast. Imo cooks it.
-Your Jeon

I didn't think much as my stomach already growling.

Let's eat!

***

I sat on my study table, wanted to do my homework and did some notes. I totally put all my attention on taekwondo last week and hell yeah I needed to catch up a lot of things.

39 minutes passed.

Woah, there were still a lot left.

I suddenly thought about Jungkook. I didn't hear anything from him since then.

I was glancing out to his room.

Empty.

Where's he?

Why should I care? He must be spending time with his aunt and uncle.

Let him be.

***

9:00 pm

I am freaking hungry.

Appa and omma told me that they will back home tomorrow and Jungkook was in Seoul with his aunt and uncle.

I am really lonely.

I grabbed my hoodie, wallet and phone. I needed to look for food now.

Didn't bother to waste energy to cycle, I took a bus ride.

***
*third person POV

Kim Byeol went to the convenience store. She grabbed a cup ramen, rice rolls, orange juice and snacks. Paid everything and sat at one of the stall provided there. Facing the clear glass window, she had a clear view of the road that night while waiting for her ramen ready.

She sighed.

I wish Jungkook will be here so that I will not be this lonely.

Byeol took a sip of the juice. Absorbed in her own thoughts, she propped her chin with her hand.

Suddenly, a familiar boy approached her by plugging in an earbud into her bare ear.

Byeol was froze for awhile.

The earphone boy? He is here? No way!

She turned her head. Her lips curled a smile as she saw the perfect smile from him as his eyes glimmered as it used to be.

Handsome as always.

The boy waved. Byeol just nodded shyly.

The song played was Little Things by One Direction

So cheesy but Byeol likes it.

The boy put off the earphone as the song ended.

"We meet again."

He grinned and for a second Byeol forgot how to breathe.

"What a coincidence." Byeol smiled and chuckled nervously.

"Yah, eat up, your ramen will turn soggy."

"Uh?" Byeol took the chopsticks and mixed up the noodles. "Want some?"

"No thanks. I am full." The boy smiled.

Byeol started to dig in and eat well. Almost finished and suddenly the boy said something.

"Do you know that you're really cute when you're hungry?"

Byeol lifted her head. The boy was staring at her. She gulped everything hurriedly.

"No. Why?" As she could remember Jungkook used to say she looked like a beast when it comes to eating time.

"You do. You really need to know it."

Byeol was blushing. She almost choked.

***
Byeol and the boy walked around the park after done eating with ice creams in their hands. The winds that night was just nice and really comforting. Walking at her crush's side, Byeol couldn't stop herself but smiling really broadly.

"So...." Both of them still didn't introduce themselves to each other and Byeol was totally curious.

"Don't ask my name." The boy seemed to read her mind.

"Why?" She whined.

"You know... I actually freaking want to know your name too. But... well, if we don't meet again after this, it will be really sad."  That was irrelevant but Byeol accepted it because it came from him. Everything's sound cool and honest.

Byeol was a bit disappointed, she secretly sighed. "It's weird but... logic."

The boy realised the girl beside him was a bit upset. He quickly spread out his arm over her shoulder. "So let's just hang around tonight." He pulled her closer.

"Yah, you're being mysterious." Byeol pouted. Still couldn't get over his weird thinking.

"Really? It's cool right?" The boy grinned.

Byeol elbowed him softly. "Yah...not funny.." pretending to be sulky.

"Hey.. I am sorry, okay?"

The boy tried hard to brighten Byeol up with some cheesy and lame jokes. Byeol was upset but enjoying her time with him.

Another strange boy come to my life.

It's weird.

But I like it.