TEN

I slept at Jungkook's again last night. As the morning came, I quickly ran out to my house.

"I'm home."

I saw omma at the kitchen. Preparing breakfast maybe.

"You sleep at Jungkook's house again?"

I nodded while opening the refrigerator, searched for drinking water.

"Don't sleepover there too often. You have house too."

Omma said and she didn't sound serious at all. So, I would not take it as warning. My parents are strict. But it is always okay when it comes to Jungkook.

"Yah, go wash up and get dressed. You must not late to school."

Omma hit my shoulder as my mind was somewhere. I snapped out of it and get going.

***

"Byeol-ah, you in front."

Jungkook grinned. He told me to cycle for him. Like yesterday too. I didn't give him a positive response.

"Why you can't be a gentleman?" I hissed. I grabbed his bicycle and hopped on.

"You're stronger than me, though." He hopped on too. He genuinely showed his excitement to annoy me.

"I wonder how you make it last night." I mumbled and started to cycle.

"I am stronger at night."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah...really strong.."

"I like this way better. That's it."

He suddenly curled his arms around my waist. Luckily he didn't lean in or else, I don't know how my heart would react.

***

*recess-snack bar

"I heard you scolded by Mr. Kim during his class." I gulped my mineral water. Too thirsty.

Jungkook played with the straw of his banana milk. "You know, Namjoon threw me some crumpled papers. He makes my place messy. You know how much I hate it right? So, I accidentally yelled at him while Mr. Kim was busy writing something on the board." He said emotionlessly. Then sipping back his favourite milk.

I could say it was not surprising anymore. Just the usual things. "I don't know what to say about that." I scoffed. "By the way, did Minggyu and Seokmin disturbing you again?" I am just curious. The boys seemed behave in front of me.

"Yesterday, they pour soy sauce in my cola and hid my p.e uniform. I got scolded by Mr. Yoon for that. Five laps in 10 minutes. I feel like I'm gonna die." He complained and to be exact, he seemed like he could care less about that. Is he really that immune or something?

I just speechless. "Heol. How about the seniors?"

He scratched his head. "Well... I almost hit by a chair. I mess up their day." He grinned. I think it was his fault this time.

"Do you really want to live like this?" I sighed. Why did he so fine and cool about that?

He smiled. "Don't bother. I am fine. I think I already immune with these kind of thing."

"Immune my ass..." I hissed. He almost get himself killed by the bullies but why he still cool with those things? "Get a normal life, Jeon-ah." I was totally done with him. I've always scold him because of this the most and he still stubborn.

"There's metal in my arm and leg. My health isn't that good enough. I have no parents. My aunt and uncle barely home. There's no single of normal thing in my life anyway." He said calmly with dry laugh. Yeah, he had a lot of struggles in the past that leaving scars in his life.

Sh*t. I shouldn't have brought up this topic.

"Sorry. I just want you to be happy." I hang my head low. Didn't dare to meet his eyes. To say that he is strong seems like an understatement.

"Yah, what's gotten into you?" He moved his head towards mine. "I am okay. I told you." He cupped my cheeks and lifted my head. "Don't worry okay?"

I don't know why but my face was hot. Our eyes met and our face just a few inches away. Looking him like this made my heart skipped a beat.

1...2...3... I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Yah! Worry?" I hit his hand and leaned back. "Worry yourself first!" I hissed.

He chuckled in excitement. "You know what, I am so happy to be with you."

I pretended to not hear him anymore and finished my drinks. I could feel the butterflies and I really need to hide that!

***

"Kim Byeol."

I turned my head. Jungkook did the same. We both were having lunch and our chat was distracted by the voice owner.

"Ouh, Hyunjoo."

It was really rare she talked to me first.

"I want to sit here."

She put down her lunch tray on the table and took the seat beside Jungkook.

"Yah, can you give girls a room?" She ordered Jungkook to leave.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I don't want to." He continued eating.

Woah, Jeon. You really...

"Yah! Don't make me mad. You know who I am? The school's taekwondo team leader. I have black belt and win a lot in competitions." She said proudly. Well, she was speaking the truth.

"Byeol have black belt too. And she will replace you in the tournament soon." He said innocently making Hyunjoo burning up. Then, he continued eating like nothing happened.

Hyunjoo clenched her teeth. Instead of bursted her anger to Jungkook, she glared at me. "Woah, he is your fan, huh? How do you feel stealing my place? Happy?" She threw the chopsticks into her tray. The noise of the metals clashed made we realised she was furious. Some students nearby started to pay attention to us too.

"Yah...Hyunjoo... It is coach's choice by the way..." I backed up myself. I hoped that was bold enough to protect me.

"And he makes an awful choice. Do you think you are that great? You're just a replacement. Dream on Kim Byeol. I will never let you play!" She threatened me and I found myself scared.

I bit my lower lip. Didn't dare to say anything as my confidence was already deescalated somewhere until it cannot be seen.

"Yah, tough girl."

Jungkook put down his chopsticks. I hoped he would say anything that could save us. He threw a sharp stare to her.

"The coach chose Byeol and not you. Even you had a lot of experiences, it explains everything. So, shut up your mouth, loser. Don't you dare talk those nonsense again. Understand?" Jungkook patted her shoulder and smirked. He stood and dragged me away with him. I couldn't say a thing.

But I like him like this. He made me smiling again!