TWENTY

"Heol."

"Just...Heol?" Byeol's eyebrows furrowed. "I am expecting you'll say that I am nonsense." She smirked.

Jungkook bit his lower lip. Unsure. "Well...a bit. How can you be so sure?"

Byeol looked out of the window, imagining the galaxy in Hoshi's eyes. "I don't know...he just effortlessly making me smile." She shyly smiled. "You know..the strange feelings in the stomach also appeared when I am with him."

"I see..." Jungkook knew that feelings. Byeol always made him like that. He sighed. "You really sure you know him? How much?" He just worried.

Byeol thought maybe Jungkook was being funny and cute to worry about her. Overprotective best friend. "That much until I can fall in love? Why? What's wrong with him? You didn't like him?" She chuckled softly.

"It's not like that." Jungkook wore his serious face and Byeol noticed that. Her face also changed.

"You know..I have trust issues. I just think maybe you don't know about him much. Did you ever ask him about his past? How about why he transferred school? His friends? Family?"

"Yah..Jeon. Aren't you a bit overacting?" Byeol smirked. She still thought Jungkook didn't take it seriously.

Jungkook shook his head. "Of course I am not. It's necessary. You can't just fall in love with what he's been showing you after all? What if he just hiding his terrible deeds under his mask? What if he just put a play in front of you? What if his past is really bad and unbelievable? Anything can be."

She didn't know why but she was angry with Jungkook's statement.

Isn't that too harsh?

"So, you're saying that Hoshi is fake? Did you know him better than me?" Byeol couldn't take it anymore. She pursed her lips, holding back her anger.

Jungkook realised Byeol was angry with him but he didn't want to lose this time.

"Well... it's not like that."

He lied.

"Then, you don't have any right to talk about him like that." Byeol almost yelled.

"But... I just.." He tried to calm her down but absolutely he couldn't.

"Just what?"

"I just have a bad feelings about him. Can you listen to me this time? He maybe not a boy that you've been know and always see. Please.. I am begging you."

"Jeon Jungkook... You know what..." Byeol turned her body away from him. She took a deep breath.

"I just a bit upset with you. Surprisingly, I couldn't understand your weird feelings anymore." She gave him a glance before she made her way out from his room.

"Byeol-ah!" Jungkook quickly ran after her. He grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Leave me alone.." Byeol snatched her arm away and quickly ran, leaving the house.

"Kim Byeol..." Jungkook sighed.

He made a big mistake.

***

Next morning

Jungkook and Byeol bumped into each other that morning as they leaving their house. Their eyes met.

"Byeol-ah, wanna a ride?" Jungkook asked as he remembered Byeol's bicycle left at school last night. She took the bus with that Hoshi boy.

"I'll take bus." Byeol smirked and quickly walked away leaving Jungkook in pain.