FIVE

T/W: bully, depression, anxiety

I didn't know why I was being like this. I am not a girl with a soft spot in my heart but I was simply swayed hearing Jungkook's story. Phew. I was holding it back as much as I could but a few drops got their own way down to my cheeks. I couldn't help it.

Jungkook. He left to Seoul as his parents died. Living with his only aunt and uncle who are willingly to take care of him while his other relatives were only striving for his parents' wealth. He went through a lot of pressure resulting in him fell ill a lot. While every kids having a great time in school, he only laying on his hospital bed and went home schooling.

Time passed and he got better in fighting with his own disease. He went to a normal middle school like the others. Having a such hard time to fit in, he was bullied and abandoned by his fellows. He didn't dare to tell anyone especially his aunt and uncle. He had been always troubling them in his childhood days.

Things didn't change until he was in the first year of high school. He was bullied physically and mentally until one day, he almost died in a fight. Jungkook was in comma for a week and his aunt and uncle finally acknowledged his situation. They moved here for the sake of Jungkook.

Unfortunately, back to his old house where all the memories about his parents are still alive even pulling him down deeper into the loneliness hole. Having depression and some mental complications, he barely remembered a thing about his parents and let alone the memories they shared. Each time when his aunt or uncle told him about what happened here, there and whatsoever, he have a hard time to remember it. Also, when me, a stranger always talks about his parents put him under the pressure. He thought maybe he was not belong to nowhere and his issues with the seniors made him decided to just give up life.

"Why I couldn't even remember a bit?"

Jungkook sighed after we had a minute of silence.

"Well... you were sick a lot. I also didn't know you exist back then."

I answered unsurely. He didn't hurt, right? But the thing was his mental was abused for maybe more than 2 years. That was the point!

Jungkook didn't say a word. He was only sighing heavily. I felt guilty than ever.

"Yah, don't worry. I will help you! I... promise." I blurted out a promise unknowingly. I did I just say?!??!

Jungkook lips curled a smile. He was so soft. "Really? You promise?" His face was full of hope.

Sh*t here you go Kim Byeol. You need to be responsible! I can't say no when he smiled like that.

"Oh, sure!" I replied with a smile.

He suddenly let out his pinky finger. "Pinky promise?" Waiting for me to reply.

I hesitated but I did so. "Sure. Pinky promise!" Our pinky fingers intertwined and rather than felt burdened by the promise which held a big responsibility, I only felt my heart fluttered as I looked into his eyes, filled with the stars that aligned into a magnificent constellation.

***

***

I opened my eyes as I felt my right shoulder was aching. I turned to right and I found Jungkook's head comfortably resting on mine. I looked at my watch.

5:00 a.m.

Yeah, I tried to bring the memory back. We chatted about some unnecessary things and accidentally slept there, under the tree. Now, I could see the sun was setting up.

Jungkook slept soundly on my shoulder and he hugged my right arm cozily. Heol. This boy was really no joke (in a good way).

My butt and legs were numb so I flinched a bit and accidentally waking him up. He quickly sat straight.

"Oh, hey." He scratched his eyes and yawned.

Yes, he was a bit cute.

"Uhm.... Morning?" I smiled awkwardly.

He smiled back and turned his head to the front. The view of the sun rise with different shades of orange on the sky as background amazed him.

"It's so pretty." A broad smile appeared on his bare face. Again his eyes were so mesmerising.

"Yes. It is." Well, I mean it both. The view and him.

"Let's watch this first before going home." He suddenly grabbed my hand and held tight.

"Oh, sure." I answered. Dumbfounded. His actions made my heart in mess.

I am doomed.

***
We back home safely after that and was not caught with either my parents or his aunt and uncle. I directly went to my room to sleep for sure and I suddenly experienced something new.

I glanced at the window and I saw Jungkook waving at me like a kid. He grinned and playfully winked. I only replied him with a smile and jumped onto my bed.

I couldn't help myself to be not happy. Maybe because I save someone, a life and a smile? Well, I don't know. Let's just sleep.

***

*Third people point of view
*A year later

*dingdongdang

The bell rings as the recess time is about to start. The students of class 3-1 let out a relief sigh as soon as their boring chemistry class is over.

Byeol yawns and stretches up her body. That one hour of sitting and only listening session make her whole body aching.

Suddenly,

"Byeol-ah! Jungkook is in a fight again!"

Jihyo, her class president was yelling from the door.

Oh sh*t, here we go again..

Byeol doesn't even shocked.

"At the hallway around the toilet! Come on quick!!" Jihyo is basically forcing her.

Byeol sighs.

What's she expecting me to do? I am not his guardian or whatsoever. Btw what's wrong with that weak boy? Burdensome!

She cursed a lot in her thoughts but she only can roll her eyes at the end.

"Fine. I will go."

Byeol quicken her pace to the exact place.

Jeon Jungkook! I will kill you!