NINE

"Will you really do it?"

Jungkook's voice hardly could be heard as both of us were cycling on the busy road. I didn't really know moving cars sound could be this loud.

I stopped my bicycle and he did after.

"Yah....answer me."

Jungkook stared at me, waiting for answer.

"You know the answer and why do you even bother to ask AGAIN?" emphasising the 'again', I only gave him a glance. "Let's be fast or we will be late." I started paddling then, leaving him at back.

I thought he already asked me about the taekwondo tournament for the 100th time since yesterday and I just tired of it. He wanted me to give up, right?

I just want him to support me.
I need him to support me.
I want him to believe in me.

Maybe I am not really skilled but I can give it a try.

He is my best friend. Isn't that what friend does?

Or it's just me think that we are best friends.....

***

"Why you don't want me to join the tournament?"

I shot him with my straight forward question and a sharp glare. The recess time was almost over and I broke the silence between us at the snack bar.

"I didn't say that." He avoided my eyes and playing with the straw.

"Then why you keep asking me either I want to do the tournament or not?" I asked him. The atmosphere was really cold, I couldn't even stand it.

"It's just....they take you in the team as replacement. Don't you feel uneasy about it?" Did he just gave irrelevant excuses? I could read him. He just talking nonsense.

"You also know it is my dream to be in the main team. So? Why should I feel uneasy? It's clearly an opportunity." I attacked him again.

He didn't answered. His head hung low.

I sighed. "What's wrong? What's bothering you?" I changed my tone. Softer.

He played with his fingers and bit his lower lips. "I just don't like you being hit. I hate to see you in pain." He lifted his head and he was serious. His eyes really telling me to trust him this time.

I just..... touched? Yeah, I am touched but I think it was funny.

I ended up laughing.

"Yah..you really..." he hissed. Upset?

"All this time I fought for you with the bullies... So, what's wrong with taekwondo competition?" I said playfully.

"I already apologise, okay?" He groaned.

"Fine..fine... Go on with your taekwondo but don't find me if anything goes wrong." Jungkook pouted then sulkily stood up. "I'll get going." He left and there was me still think that he was being funny for overprotecting. No, he is dramatic. His ears turned red as he embarrassed of himself and I found him cute.

Jeon Jungkook, why you always make me smile for the littlest reason?

***

9:00 p.m.
School's library

"Don't you feel tired?"

I lifted my head, changing my vision from bunches of lines and words to yawning Jungkook.

"You're the one who tired." I hissed. I continued back writing notes. I was actually a bit tired. The taekwondo class today was hectic. I drained out my energy a lot.

"Did you've done your homework?" I asked. He shook his head and yawned again.

"I've never finished my homework after all." He mumbled.

"You're wasting your time here. Just back home." I ordered even I know he would never let me alone during my stay backs.

"With you, my time was never being wasted. Btw, It's dangerous to back home now. I'm scared." He rested his head on the table. Ready to take a nap.

My lips curled a smile. He is a kiddo after all. I continued with my notes.

***

9:15 p.m.

Ouh! What's gotten into me? My eyes were just too heavy to open wide. I couldn't hold it me anymore. I saw Jungkook who was sleeping in front of me but it became blurry and more blurry. Stop it. I gave up.

I really wanted to

Sleep.

***

"Yah, wake up!"

Someone shook my body and I struggled to open my eyes but I couldn't. I just really tired.

***

*noise of something dropped and shattered*

The noise woke me up. I opened my eyes. I stretched my arms before figuring where am I.

Jungkook's house. Again.

How we back home?

"You awake?"

Jungkook with a bottle of water in his hand walked towards me who laid on the sofa. He was in his white tee and pyjamas pants.

I quickly sat. Still sleepy.

"Yah, change your clothes and go sleep in the guest room."

I didn't think a lot but...

"Why you don't bring me home. It is only few steps away." I scratched my head.

"You should be grateful I brought you home." He hissed. Here you go his annoying face.

"Why you even..." I couldn't continue my words as Jungkook already pulled me up from the sofa. "Yahhh!!" I shouted lazily.

"Just go and stop being nosy." He pushed me out from the living room and I lazily headed to the guest room. Actually it was already be my room but in his house. It had been a long time since the last time I slept in the room by the way. I always dumped on the sofa by him.

He shut the door as I safely stepped into the room. The room didn't change at all. The sky blue painted room with matching navy blue bed and mattress really suit my taste. There were a lot of guest rooms in Jungkook's house and this room was my favourite.

I opened the wardrobe at the side of the room. Some of my clothes were there but I picked Jungkook's white plain tee instead. I didn't know why but his tee really is really comfy. I suggest you girls to try it out seriously.

I settled down and climbed the cozy bed and had a very nice sleep.

***

*next day

Today was such a busy day. A lot of new lessons making their way to my brain and all the teachers who came into the class didn't really gave us a break. I even used my recess time to do my homework and I need to eat my lunch quickly because of some additional errands to be done. Yeah, I had no time to meet Jungkook. He even didn't show up.

The taekwondo class exhaust me than ever. I don't really think I can stay back today. I really need rest. Now, I only can stare at my bicycle. Too tired to cycle home, I helplessly stood and sighed.

"Byeol-ah, hop on."

I turned my head. Jungkook already on his bicycle offered me a ride. He made me smile again.

I quickly hop onto the passenger seat without any words. He then cycled peacefully made me lulled to sleep. I curled his waist with my arms and leaned in. I rested my head against his back and it was really warm and cozy.

I shut my eyes. His heartbeat as the lullaby and I accidentally slept.