|53|~Time To Think~

Start from the beginning

"Commander Vlad," I call out.

He looks at me suspiciously, probably not missing the fact that it's the first time I actually said his name. Oh, boy, this is going to be fun.

"Nicklaus told me that you are here to protect, serve, and provide me with anything I need."

He raises his eyebrow in response, nothing else. That's it.

"He also told me that I'm your future queen, and you have to obey my every command," I brag in my Dr. Evil's voice, seeking a reaction.

Surprisingly enough, he doesn't react at all—no scary red eyes, no flash of his monstrous fangs, no frightening growl. Nothing. Nada. No reaction. He just returns to his usual, unemotional facial expression, which ends up annoying me to no end. It sucks big time. Gosh, he's no fun. Maybe I should try a different approach? He hated it when I cracked my vampire jokes.

"How about you go bother your dog friend since you're so bored?" Mr. Meany suggests.

My head snaps in his direction. Oh my God, he speaks! Maybe I'm a little overdramatic. I've heard him speak before, but he's never started a conversation with me. Why didn't I just think about starting a casual conversation with him? Hmmm. Why didn't I? Oh right, I know why: because that would be boring, and I'm already bored to death, like him. Hahaha. I'm childish.

"Why do you have to call all werewolves dogs, leech?" I ask, flashing an innocent smile.

"Why are you trying your hardest to get under my skin?" he asks me back.

What do you think?

"Uh . . . because it's funny."

Commander Vlad lets out a slight snicker.

Wow, he can laugh too? That's mind-blowing.

"Seriously, Claire, would you like to go see your friend?"

He earns a wide-eyed stare from me. Is he serious? He really would take me to go see Embry without a fight? Wow, this is new.

"You would do that for me?" I ask. I mean it's already set in stone that I'm most likely the biggest drama queen in history, but seriously, this is major progress.

His lips curve into a half-smile, his head tilted to one side.

"Why do you seem to be surprised? I'm here to protect, serve, and provide you with whatever you need, remember?" He pauses for a second. "Right now, you need to go drive someone else crazy, anyone other than me. Why wouldn't I take you to go bother your friend?"

If my eyes were wide before, they might as well poped popped. Never in a million centuries would I expect Mr. Meany to be anything but mean. I don't even know how to respond. I'm lost for words.

I must have gone into some type of shock because he is already waving his hand in front of my face. I did not even notice him walking towards me. That brings me back to reality real quick. He's taking a play out of my own book.

"Hey, don't pull a, me on me. I think I'm rubbing off on you," he states.

Commander Vlad places his mask back on, turning back to Mr. Meany as we walk out of the door.

Bipolar!

* * *

Embry wasn't hard to find. Our noses basically led the way. Her potent and distinctive scent is really hard to ignore.

On our way to search for her, Mr. Meany explained that all creatures, including humans, rely on their senses. He said that the main difference between humans and supernatural beings is how that the latter's senses are more enhanced and used for more than touching, tasting, seeing, smelling, and hearing.