Screwed -Kat's POV

Kat's POV-

I sat on the couch as Rosa went to open the door for the package that we had been expecting since I got home. The TV was off, and I was staring at the black screen as I was munching on a small green apple. I could see my forced and tired movements through the screen. I really was exhausted, but I didn't think that it had anything to do with my lack of sleep the night before. I think I was more so that I was tired of life, and I was perpetually drained from the lifestyle that I was being forced to live.

Rosa walked in with a man and a woman following closely behind her. The man had a big zip-up non-see-through garment bag in his hand while the small and very skinny woman wore a look of distaste when she looked at me.

"Clarice Purdue, at your service. Your mother sent me over to conduct a fitting of my dress on you. So, chop chop! Get to it..." the woman said and gestured for me to try on the gown that the man held out to me.

I rolled my eyes and peeled myself from the uncomfortable couch that I was perched on. I slowly made my way to the garment and paused. The lady pursed her lips and snickered a bit as she looked at me with judgmental eyes.

"Oh my... Your mother was not lying when she said your thighs were giant," the woman spoke snidely.

I narrowed my eyes at her and placed my half-eaten apple in her hand. I took the dress to the closest bathroom with no words. She was gagging as I walked away with my back to her. She was griping and being dramatic about the 'garbage' that I placed in her hand.

I snickered at her ridiculousness and smirked to myself. If only I could have actually been mean to the rude woman. She wouldn't have even known what hit her.

Unfortunately, I couldn't be as rude as I would have liked. My mother would surely cut her trip short just to come home and yell at me about how I embarrassed her to her friend. We all know I surely didn't want my mother home. Everything was much nicer without her there.

I shimmied, sucked, and tugged my way into the dress. After about five minutes, I finally got the dress above my hips and into place. The next time, I vowed to surely put it on over my head instead of stepping into it. That was a lot of work to get it over my too-large hips.

The dress was a simple black number with an off the shoulder neckline and short sleeves that fit on my shoulders nicely. The neckline brought out my collarbones and elongated my neck in a nice way. It had a fitted bodice with a two-inch sheer black panel at the small of my waist. It then flared out into a high-low hem showing off my 'giant' thighs while the back grazed the floor.

If my thighs were so 'giant' like my mother had said, why would they want to show them off? Why would she have picked this particular dress? Honestly, I could answer that myself, it was probably just to screw with me the whole night.

I rolled my eyes at that thought and walked out of the bathroom. I tried to not look at my reflection for too long. There was no point in it. I mean, it wasn't changing. It wasn't like I could just magically make myself look any better in the dress. Nope, I was stuck with what I had...

"Well, it's obviously way too small," the designer commented as soon as I stepped out of the restroom.

I'd admit that it was a bit snug, but I wouldn't say way too small. I was pretty comfortable, and I could breathe just fine in the dress.

"You need to lose at least five pounds. No! Make it ten," she exclaimed with malice.

The lady turned me around a few times as she moved the fabric while examining me. "Yeah... That's the best I can do," she scoffed. "I'm not taking it out any further, so you need to lose all the weight by Saturday. It should fine if you do your job."