Move- Erik's POV

Erik's POV-

"How is she? Have you talked to her? She's looked alright but-"

"Chill..." he cut my frantic questions off exasperatedly.

"You have talked to her though, right?" I asked after a short pause. "They didn't-"

"You watched the footage of their conversation too, Erik," Jake sighed out. I could practically hear the eyeroll in his voice. "You saw that they all came to an agreement. She's fine. He won't hurt her again. He won't jeopardize his position in the company that he thinks he's entitled too."

"I know but..."

"You worry," he finished for me. "I know. I know."

"Have you found anything yet?" I finally changed topics.

"Circumstantial things at best," his voice held no amusement in it any longer. "I have emails and files linking him to several different known mafia and cartel people, but I haven't found any proof that he's directly involved in anything. I mean, there are direct communications between him and Vincent Palomino in his messages, but they speak in code and haven't said anything of consequence."

"Vincent Palomino?" I questioned with interest.

"Yes, you know him?"

"That's who T, my old boss, works for. I only met him in passing once. He's apparently a big-time crime boss though. If her dad is communicating with the likes of him, he's into serious shit... More than just money laundering and offshore bank accounts," I answered.

"Yeah... Kat said that she's been suspecting some deep shit. I just need to find some hard evidence... Before Kat decides to make him go off the deep end all together."

"What do you mean?"

"Last week, she acquired the rest of the number of shares that I needed to have majority shares of my family's business," he said slowly.

"That explains what she was talking about shares for..." I commented. It made more sense now.

"Yeah... Well, the more time she spends with them, the antsier she gets about handing them over to me and revealing her double-cross."

"Ah she's having a hard time fitting back into her role that they want her to play. I can't say that I'm surprised. However, she's not wrong about needing to do something soon... Her wedding is supposed to be in less than a month. That's not very much time," I replied.

"I know but... What will they do when they find out what she's done, Erik? She's going to need somewhere to go to stay safe. Not to mention, the damage that her father is probably going to try to wreak on your family. I know that they have a contract, but if her father really is in with people as bad as you say... What's stopping him from doing worse than taking your house from you? I want to find something on her father first before we blow everything up. We need something to fall back on. Otherwise, what will stop him from doing something drastic?"

I let out a deep sigh. He was right, but I didn't like it. There were a lot of things that were up in the air about the whole situation. We couldn't rush it, but we also didn't have any time to waste. Things were going to happen, and I couldn't stop the deep in the pit of my stomach feeling that it was nothing good.

"What if... What if we don't find anything?" I asked in a much softer voice than I'd ever admit to.

"I don't know, Erik. Just keep watching the footage of her father's office. We're bound to find something sometime. He's a sketchy man. A very smart and stealthy man, but sketchy as hell too. We have to find something."