Likely story- Kat's POV

Kat's POV-

"We are so behind on these," I complained as I scrolled through the over a week of videos that we had saved from my father's always-active computer camera.

"I know..." Jake commented as he looked over my shoulder at them. "I thought that Erik was doing this. I mean, doesn't he know that you and I kind-of have our hands full with running a whole-ass company? The least he could do is-"

"Hey," I said sharply and glared at my friend. "He's going through something right now. He's allowed to be upset and depressed. I have had many days, weeks, and months that I didn't even feel good enough to get my ass out of bed. Some of those days Erik helped me through, so I'd appreciate it if you could go easy on my boyfriend who is finally just now getting comfortable enough to let himself go through the years of grief, heartache, and hurt that he has suppressed."

"You're right," Jake sighed. "I'm just overwhelmed. This business is a mess, the legal-action papers that my father and yours are sending us is stressing me out, and I'm running on no sleep."

"Plus, on top of it all, we have to worry about whatever ridiculous illegal activity my father is going to try to implement, so we need to watch these recordings," I said calmly. "I get it, Jake. Trust me, I completely and totally get it. However, I also get Erik's side too. So, I will watch these clips while you go take a nap."

"You're the boss," he joked with a laugh.

"You're going to regret saying that one day," I teased in a sing-song voice. "Namely, whenever I make your ass actually work!"

"That word is not even in my vocabulary, girl," he replied jokingly. "Oh! By the way, happy not wedding day!" He said cheerfully before he disappeared into his own office to take a nap and let me watch my stuff in peace.

God, I was so happy that I didn't have to marry that pig of a man that his brother was that day.

----

"FUCK!" I yelled so loudly that my voice reverbed off my office walls. "Shit. Shit. Shit!" I exclaimed as I scrambled up from my chair and rushed through my office while trying to find my car keys. In my panicked haste, I had completely forgotten that I didn't have a car anymore and Jake had been bringing me into the office with him in his car.

"Kat?!" Jake exclaimed when he walked into my office due to my loud yell, only to find me tearing apart my whole desk in order to find the keys that I didn't have. "Jesus, Kat! Calm down. What's going on?" He asked when he grabbed me by my shoulders and made me stop for a second.

"I-I..." I was breathing so hard that I couldn't speak. I was upset and so incredibly scared that I could barely even think, much less speak properly.

"Katherine," he said gently. "Breathe. You've got to calm down so I can help you."

After a few moments, I got my breath under control. It was only because I knew that I couldn't help him if I had a complete meltdown. Otherwise, I probably would have been on the floor crying while having a complete mental breakdown.

"E-Erik... He..." I took another deep breath so I could be somewhat understandable. "My father is sending T over to his house and-"

"T?" He asked abruptly.

"No time to explain. My father recruited him to kill him. T already has a vendetta against Erik and his family for getting out of his old neighborhood, a-and my father paid him. To do it today as some sort of poetic justice for skipping out on my wedding day. A-and-"

"Murder for hire. This is perfect, Kat. We finally have something concrete to pin on him and-"

"Perfect?" I practically screamed. "My boyfriend is about to get murdered and you're saying it's fucking perfect?!"