Surprise- Erik's POV

Erik's POV-

It was eleven o'clock at night. I hadn't heard anything from Kat for almost the whole day. I was beginning to get extremely worried. I had at least expected a good night message or something from her after the fashion show. In fact, I was really expecting her to call me when it was over to give me a play by play of what happened. The least she could have done was let me know that she was okay.

I was trying not to get too worked up because I knew that Italy was in a way different time zone, but it was hard to keep my cool when I hadn't heard anything from Kat in several hours. Even the few messages that I had sent Kat myself went unanswered. The only thing that was keeping me calm was that I knew that Kat was supposed to be coming home in a day. I had told myself not to worry unless she didn't get home when she was supposed to.

She had to be okay. I had no clue what I would do if she didn't come home. I had absolutely no idea how I would handle it if something truly happened to her. I was afraid of how psychotic I would become if something happened to her... Especially if it was due to something that those hateful people did to her. I couldn't even begin to think about how heart wrenching and painful that would be if something happened to her.

I was steadily getting myself all worked up again. I had barely talked myself out of calling the hotel and running up a couple hundred dollars in international phone charges on my phone plan just to see if she was okay. I promised myself that I would at least wait until the next day to freak out. I was going to stick to that promise. Not only because of the money, but also because I wanted her to feel like I trusted her. I wanted her to feel like I believed in her and her ability to stand up for herself... And I did! I just also worried about her constantly because I loved her so damn much.

There was a knock on the door, and I was immediately on edge. It was close midnight, and around my neighborhood, that was not the time to go knocking on people's doors. Luckily, Nia and my mom were both out at New Year's Eve parties. I, on the other hand, had decided to stay home. Partially because Kat wasn't there, and let's face it... I'd have no fun without Kat, but also because T had been working me like a dog. I wanted to ring my New Year in being relaxed for once. It was just a shame that Kat wasn't there with me.

I slowly walked up to the door. I hadn't grabbed my gun on the way out of my room, just because I hadn't really thought about it. That was kind of a stupid oversight on my part. I mean, I knew that pretty much only bad shit happened late at night on my side of town. I knew that I would probably need my gun.

Before I could contemplate further about running to my room to grab the gun, another knock sounded on the front door. I knew that I needed to answer it. If it was T, he would be even more pissed at me if I let him wait for much longer. If it was someone else... Well, I'd cross that bridge if I came to it.

I gripped the door with a deep sigh. It wasn't that I was scared. More so, I was angry. I was angry that someone would come to my house, disturb my peace, and annoy me even more when I was already super worried about my girlfriend who was oceans away with awful and angry people. I was annoyed. I was angry. I was straight up not having a good time.

"Look, whatever it is, it can wait until the morning. Better yet-"

"Well, I missed you too babe," she said in a sarcastic tone. "I guess I'll just go h-"

I cut her off with a kiss. I couldn't help it. All my worrying from before had caught up to me, and I was relieved to see her. I was so absolutely ridiculously relieved to see my Kat standing in front of me.

"Hi. Wow are you a sight for sore eyes," I said when I finished kissing her thoroughly. I laughed at that sweet smile on her bare face and pecked her lips once more. "You are so cute," I told her honestly. "But how are you here? I was supposed to pick you up at the airport tomorrow night."

"Well, my parents kicked me out of Italy. So..." she said with a shrug and another sweet laugh.

"What?" I deadpanned.

"Yeah..." she shrugged. "Apparently I embarrassed them and ruined their night or whatever. I just spoke my mind. You know how they don't like it when I do that though..." she said with another shrug.

"I bet you were brilliant. I know how snarky and honest you are when you're truly being yourself. I'm sad that I didn't get to see that. Oh, what I would give to be a fly on that wall," I told her and led her inside carrying the small bag that she had with her as she carried a garment bag in her hands. "You came straight from the airport?"

"Yeah... I wanted to ring in the New Year with you. You know, Italy is several hours ahead. When they told me to leave straight away, I instantly thought about making it home in time to spend the night with you," she said sweetly.

"That explains the no contact for several hours. I was worried about you, you know," I told her.

"I figured," she shrugged. "You always worry. But you were surprised though, huh?" She said with a silly laugh and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I am," I answered and instantly wrapped my own arms around her.

"A good surprise?"

"Always a good surprise when I'm with you, love," I told her and pecked her lips repeatedly.

Fireworks began going off all around, we could hear people cheering from outside, and one of the clocks somewhere within the house chimed. It was midnight.

"Happy New Year," I whispered softly to her.

"Always happy when I'm with you," she whispered back with a grin. "Happy New Year, Erik."

I kissed her gently. It was a lasting kiss, a real kiss. It was just me and her. The cheers faded away, the firework explosions quieted, and the chiming stopped. It was just us. For that moment, it was just me and her, and nothing else mattered at all.

A/n-

Hey y'all I just wanted to add a cutesy chapter because... Well, you'll see!😈 Lol! 😂 I love y'all! As per usual, it is unedited, so point out any mistakes you see! Let me know what you think! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

-KAF❤️