Retaliation- Erik's POV

Erik's POV-

"This was a bad idea," I groaned to myself as I sat in the car next to Jacob and waited for Kat.

She had only been in the building for fifteen minutes, but it still felt like too long. I was letting her overwork herself, and it made me feel awful. I needed to get her to my house so she could rest. I needed to get her home with me where I knew she was safe.

"It was way better than any of our ideas," Jake commented as he watched the building still. "I've got to admit... Kat would be an excellent CEO of her father's company. She'd probably do better than even he could. She's smart, cunning, and resourceful."

"Yeah, it's a shame that her father is a piece of shit that won't even give her a chance."

Jake's phone started ringing after a moment and he answered it while putting it on speaker.

"Alright, it's downloaded and everything. I just want to make sure that it's working right," she spoke. "Go to the program that I downloaded on the way over here on your laptop, Jake."

"Okay," he said and did as she said.

"Are you seeing his home screen? Click on some files make sure that you're getting through them."

"Yeah... Everything seems to be working," he commented as he clicked through the computer.

"Perfect," she said with an obvious smile in her voice. "Now go to the webcam tab, turn it on, and we'll leave it recording. Now, we'll have access to anything that he does on his computer as well as pretty much anything he does in his office."

"You're serious?" I asked incredulously. "Twenty minutes, and now we have access to all of that?"

"Yep, if you have the right program, people, and inside help, you can practically take down a whole company in a matter of minutes," she answered as I heard her rustling around. "I'll be down in a minute."

"She's scary," Jake commented as soon as she hung up. "If I was into girls, you'd have some competition because she is ridiculously hard not to love."

"Tell me about it," I laughed. "She had me hooked by the first time we ever actually hung out together. I was head over heels by the time we actually became boyfriend and girlfriend."

When I saw her approaching the car, clutching her head and eyes squinting, I got out and guided her to the backseat. When we both got into the car, she whimpered and hid her face in my chest. Her breathing was labored, she was on the verge of tears, and I had definitely let her overexert herself.

"Let's get you home, Kat. You are not going to leave my bed for the rest of the day unless it's to use the restroom. Understand?" I said in a hard voice.

"Yes sir," she said softly as I cradled her closer to me. "I have no objection to that in the least."

I caught Jake's eyes in his rearview mirror. He was as worried about her as I was. She had overworked herself after being incredibly injured, and now she was completely spent. He was as worried as I was about what would happen the next time that she saw his brother or her dad. He was as worried as I was about if we'd find something on either of the two men... He was just as worried as I was about her future.

----

"You know that you can still fail even if there are only a few weeks left, right?" She joked as she brushed out her hair after her shower.

"You know that I don't give a shit, right?" I chuckled as I sat on my bed to help her rebandage her face. "I wanted to be here with you to make sure that you're okay. You're looking like you're feeling a lot better," I commented as I took in her smiling face.