Chapter 37.5 • No Tears

•Rayan's POV•

The funeral was this afternoon. Nobody was prepared for something like this to happen, so when it did we had no words, no tears, just nothing. I think before I could even cry, I had to yell at god a few times and ask why me.

Can somebody ever be prepared for their loved ones to die? I mean logically, we all know death is something that happens in the end, but do we need to accept it if it happens in the beginning?

I walk into the living room and see Dane fixing his tie. He will never be the same after this. Losing something so precious takes a part of your heart.

My dress was bright green, black was a little too cliche in my eyes.

The rain outside poured heavy on the roof, another cliche aspect about today. A funeral in the rain, now poetic. I laugh to myself for a second, which makes my brother turn around in shock.

"Something funny?" he hisses at me. I shake my head, he wouldn't understand anyways. His eyes soften when he continues to stare at me. "We'll get through this, we always do."

I just nod. No words, no tears.

Footsteps make their way downstairs, and I turn around to see my other brother. He wears a simple black t-shirt and black jeans. He was never for the formalities.

"Anybody ready to bury half our bloodline?" He says in humor. Dane tells him to fuck off, and I just stare. There is no possible way to lighten a situation like this.

My mother, father, and sister will be put in the ground forever. I will never hear their voices again. I will never see my dads dark, thick curly hair. I will never feel my mother's hand in my cheek as she gives me advice. And I will never be able to hug my sister again. Nothing could have prepared me for this moment.

Because of the wounds, the caskets will be closed. I don't think I could bare to see their cold faces anyways.

We all get in the car, and head off to 'bury half our bloodline.'

****

It was simple really. The bodies were lowered into the ground, and a pastor said a few sweet things. A couple of my mothers works friends showed up, along with a man that worked at a grocery store near us that loved both my parents. Elyse didn't have many friends, only a few came.

I was bawling. My chest was hot and my heart but in two. Talus was reminiscing, sitting by my side telling me stories, but my ears could not hear anything besides the painful silence coming from Dane. He stood there, emotionless, staring at our family being put into the earth.

Maybe his heart was broken too, maybe he was unfazed. All I knew was that his silence was too much to bear.

"Say something," I whisper at him. His piercing eyes shoot to meet mine, but he continues his silence. We all grow silent now as the last couple people leave.

It feels as though eternity had gone by from the time we arrived here. We are all so young, but does this amount of pain get thrown on our lives like this?

Dane takes a step forward and breaks the dreary quiet with his soft footsteps. He walks to the tombstone that has "Blackwood" writing in italics. His knees crouch, and he puts his left hand on the ground.

"Until we meet again," is all that leaves his mouth. He stands, turning to Talus and I, and nods for us to leave. I follow behind him, but Talus waits. Soft mumbles leaves his lips but I can't make out what he's saying.

Dane and I walk farther from our family that is now six feet deep. We hear the sobs from our brother as our distance becomes greater.

He'll meet us at the car. We have nothing left but each other to go home to.

________________
I know it's been TOOOOOO long since i've dedicated my time to this story. KOS will be coming to and end in the next few chapters. but book 2 is already in the making:)

i hope you enjoyed. share my book with your friends.

more to come:)