Chapter 37 • Life

-Talus's POV-

From the time I was born, until right now, I never truly realized now precious life was. Maybe it came to me a little bit when my sister died, but in this moment I feel everything.

The intense heat of my wound is almost blinding, but mental pain I have suffered all these years still has it topped. My mind will never be the same after all the things I know.

Sure, I was naive as a child, but I knew what was going on with my family. For years they tried to keep it from me, only putting Dane in the equation, but I caught up quick. Life wasn't what I was told it was gonna be.

My mother told me I was going to be happy. She preached about how I must live this life to the fullest and never let go of my faith. She also told me that things will be harsh but it's just a test.

My thigh and shoulder scream in agony as i'm prepped for some type of surgery. My thoughts race as my consciousness fades. An artery must have been hit, or something has been infected. My life is in the hands of people I have never met.

Rayan and Dane is the only thing that truly keeps my heart beating. I hate my brothers foolish decisions and my sister is lionhearted, but they bring out the best in me. I've never been the outgoing type, but with my family I come alive

If I survive this, I'm going to somehow get away from here. I'm taking Simone and going as far away as I can. From the moment I met that women I knew I would truly love her forever. Most things about our relationship cannot be explained, but we are pure.

My consciousness completely fades, and the hope for a brighter future keeps my heart beating.