Chapter 19 • Birthday Wishes

•Rayan's POV•

Have you ever dreaded something so much that you would do anything to not have to face it? That anything would be better than having to go through what you want to avoid so much? Well, that's me. Right now as I hide under the protection of my covers from having to face this day.

I made sure to lock my bedroom door last night before I went to sleep to ensure nobody would greet me in the morning. From the commotion I hear going on downstairs I can tell Dane invited his band of meatheads for this 'special occasion' of me evolving into an adult.

So here I am, laying in my bed hoping an asteroid comes through my roof and makes me flat as a pancake.

When I hear footsteps outside my door I bury myself farther under the covers and pray they go away.

"Rayan, open the damn door before I kick it down," Sasha demands. He knows that I wake up at 5:30 everyday, and now it's quarter to six.

"Go away," I yell back.

"You have ten seconds to open this door or you'll be picking it up off the ground," he says in now a calm voice.

"Leave me alone," I say while snuggling farther into my bed.

"Ten..." he starts

"What don't you people not get about leave me alone?"

"Nine..."

"Sasha, I'm warning you leave while your balls are still intact."

"Eight..."

"What the hell is wrong with these boys and their caveman tendencies?"

"Seven..."

"Get the hell away from me."

"Six..."

"You're bluffing."

"Five..."

"I'll scream."

"Four..."

"I'll cry."

"Three..."

"Alright! Damn hold on a second."

"Two..."

"I'm coming, shut up!"

I open the door right as his foot is being brought back. Before I can even get a word out he lunges for me, wrapping his arms around my waist, and hugs the life out of me.

"Happy Birthday, you eighteen year old grandma." He says in my ear. I smile and return his hug. After a few more seconds he releases me and pulls out an envelope from his back pocket. Without saying anything he hands it to me and then kisses my forehead. A slight blush reaches my cheeks when I look up and see his megawatt smile.

"Sasha, you're 21, that's like the age of dirt," I tease.

"Oh ha ha I'm laughing so hard. Come downstairs after you open it. I wanted to be the first person to give you something." He turns around to walk away, but stops and says something over his shoulder. "And I'm sorry."

I knew what he meant. Today isn't just my birthday, it was the day my life changed forever. I had to sit and hear that my parents had been shot in the head, while my sister got the life choked out of her. What a birthday present right? The days following their deaths all I could do was sit and cry. I was a depressed wreck. My brothers tried to talk to me, the guys tried to talk to me, but I shut everyone out.

Three days after the funeral a social worker came to my house. I thought that she was going to explain my parent Will and whatnot, but that wasn't the case. I was dragged out of my house by the women while I screamed for my brothers to help me. Although, the two gorilla size men that came with the women made sure they couldn't get to me.