Chapter 32.5 • Notches

•Navy's POV•

How could I have been so dumb? So careless? So irresponsible? I knew I should have told her the other day, when I was supposed to tell her. But I choked, and told her something she was never supposed to know. Dane told me that if I ever told Rayan about me being forced to hit her, that he'd get me for Broken Blood.

As if I'd purposely betray someone who held my life in the palm of his hands.

I needed to tell her about my cancer the other day, and what do I do? I get myself into a shit tone of more drama. When Dane gets back, that's gonna be the first thing she runs her mouth about.

I love Rayan, I really, truly, do, but sometimes she just doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut.

Now, look where I am. I told her something only Matthias, Rayan's father, knew about. Well, besides my own parents. Dane doesn't know and neither do the guys. No one was supposed to know, but I had to tell her.

I'll survive it, no doubt, but it alters who I am. I'll be weaker, less cautious, and I'll need to get surgery. Once my thyroid gland is removed from my throat, stopping the chances of my tumor growing, I'll be good. I'll have no worries and remission will come fast. But I have to wait a year. In that year so much could happen, like a development of lung cancer, or go up Stages in thyroid. Rayan is so scared that my numbers will progress. That my Stages will go until I'm at 5, but it won't happen. Terminal isn't an option for me.

I'm a survivor, and what do survivors do? They survive.

Once I turn 21 I'll be able to go into surgery because all my assets will be unlocked. Once they're all unlocked they can be put into someone else's name.

Rayan's name. Everything I have will be given to her if I die. The millions my father stowed away from Matthias Blackwood. The millions that Nazario Wyatt was aware of, but somehow never told anyone about. I think that's where Salem and I have an understand, stay away from what's not yours.

So that's what I'm doing, giving Salem what's now his.

****

"How's everything?" I ask as soon as he picks up the phone. I hear some mumbling from the other end of the line, then he speaks.

"Pretty brutal. Talus is hurt, and we've only gotten 2 across the border into Mexico, and we've got 1 more to go," Sawyer says, his voice full of stress. He's talking about our gun shipments for a Mexican gang, one of our biggest jobs yet. New Mexico was the only place that it would work, shipping the guns, because of the Mexican ties there.

I then register his words, shooting up from my laying position. "What happened to Talus?"

Sawyer chuckles. "Got into some shit with Jesus, then got stabbed in the shoulder."

All my worries drain away as I plop back down on the couch. A stab wound will heal.

"Any notches?" I ask, using our code word for deaths, just in case our phones are tapped.

"Luca got 3 and Dane got 1."

Once they get home they'll mark the notches on an old pair of leather boots. We all keep track of who we kill. Luca, of course, has the most, probably close to 10 now. He does all the dirty work for us, always being the one to blow someone's brains out. After Jett's death something set him off, but it's only noticeable if you know him like us guys do.

Then it's Dane with now 6, and Sasha with 1, without counting the warehouse explosion in Washington, that killed all of our father's, and our rivals.

The rest of us, including Talus, have never killed anyone. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I took a human life.

Sawyer and I talk for a few minutes, mostly about sports and new deals we made with a gang in Rhode Island. After awhile we both get bored, so we say our goodbyes and hang up. When I look at the clock it's only been a half an hour since Rayan left for school, giving me enough time to call my doctors and schedule some appointments for later this year.

Meanwhile | Simone
"Baby, please tell me your okay?" I whisper into the phone. Faint voices come from the other end of the line, then his plays in my ear.

"I'm fine, Simone, don't worry about me," Talus says, sounding tired and worn. My worrying gets worse as I hear him suck in a deep breath, then his in pain.

"Talus?"

"Look, things are different now, we didn't come here for Griff, Lane and Kai, and yet we seen Lane at a gas station. I can't tel, if they're following us or what, but if something happens..." his voice trails off, making me stand up an pace the room.

"Nothing is going to happen. They won't do anything to you because they don't have a reason to. Rayan is in Oregon, and so is the Casto girl, so he doesn't have an reason to try an hurt you," I rush out. My voice shakes with every word.

I know for a fact Griff wouldn't waste his time doing something that's moot. Lane, well knowing him he's probably sleeping somewhere, or looking bored as usual. And Kai, he's a sociopath in the flesh, I don't know what he'd do.

"Listen, I gotta go, okay?" Talus's voice brings me back to reality.

"Make sure your shoulder is bandaged at all times," I tell him. If he comes home with an infection I'm going to beat his ass.

"I will, I promise."

I stop my pacing an look out the window, Salem just pulls out of our driveway with Rayan in his passenger seat. Ah, my little brother is falling for Baby Blackwood, I guess they all got some charm that reels us Wyatt's in.

"I love you," Talus whispers.

"To the moon and back," I say just as quietly.

____________________
HEY GGGUUUUUUYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (lmao I got carried away)

Thought I'd hit ya with a little bit into Navy's mind. Since the book is long enough to call a Novel, I wanted to do a few POV switches.

QOTD | What POV besides the ones already done, would you like to see?

Please don't be a silent reader, comment and VOTE