Chapter 32 • Why Is This Happening?

•Rayan's POV•

When I wake up déjà vu hits me like a truck.

Here I am, again, LAYING ON TOP OF THE HOTTEST GUY I KNOW. Yes, it's different now, but still I actually can't believe this is happening again.

It's funny to look back now and see how underdeveloped our relationship was when I accidentally feel asleep on top of him, now, I lay on him with a whole new perspective. I can't say I hate it either.

Without trying to wake the sleeping Salem, I gently put my arm behind my back an remove his from around my waist. Then, I put my other hand on the left side of his head, not touching. I do the same with the other, but putting it on the right.

I count to three, then lift myself up so my upper half is hovering over him. For being a gang leader, who should be alert at all times, Salem is a pretty heavy sleeper.

Slowly, I move my legs so I involuntarily straddle him, just for a split second. But, this predicament just isn't in my favor.

His eyes slowly open, then focus on me, then focus on how I'm positioned on top of him. That cocky smirk plays on his lips as he looks at me.

"If you wanted to be this intimate all you had to do was ask, Cupcake, no need to take advantage of me while I'm sleeping," he says. I roll my eyes at his nickname for me. Usually it's Elijah and Clayton's pet name, but Salem sometimes picks it up.

I then smirk. "Necrophilia isn't my thing."

"What? I'm not even dead yet."

"You will be if you don't remove your hands from my waist."

He looks down to see his hands have subconsciously moved to my waist. His eyes widen slightly but then they turn mischievous.

"So, it bothers you if I do this?" He rubs his thumb back and fourth on my sides. I resist the urge to shiver from his touch. Then, he moves me so I'm sitting on his lower half, making me gasp.

"Or this?" He whispers, moving his hands up my shirt slightly, grazing the bottom of my ribs. My cheeks heat up an my eyes widen. This isn't happening, is it?

"How about this?" He says, barely audible. His hands slide down an graze the waistband of my sweatpants.

Then, all of a sudden, he stops an smirks up at me. "This will have to be postponed, babe, I'm a little hungry."

He grips my hips an places me beside him, then he gets up an struts to my bathroom. I sit there gaping at him. Did he really just initiate a move on me, then 'postpone' it? Can't say that I'm not disappointed.

"Salem Christopher Wyatt, you are the biggest pain in the ass I know," I say in a grumpy voice as I get up an walk to my bathroom too. He stands there brushing his teeth with his finger, smirking as he stares back at me in the mirror.

"I've never really causes ass pain before, I think I like the new title." He says as he washes out his mouth an leaves the bathroom

I roll my eyes an bypass him to get to my cabinet, pulling out a hair scrunchy an my toothbrush. After I put my hair in a bun an brush my teeth, I go to get on normal clothes.

"Hey, can I borrow some clothes from one of your brothers?" Salem asks causally as he lays on my bed wearing a smirk like the pompous prick he is.

"Sure," I deadpan, walking out to grab the clothes.

My steps falter once I come back into my room with the clothes. My mouth goes dry an my hands become clammy as I stare at the scene before me.

There Salem stands, shirtless, running a hand through his hair. I get perfect view of his sculptured abs and toned chest. His tattoo stands out against his light tan skin. He slightly turns to the side, giving view of his rib cage, which is covered in scars, no doubt the other one being identical.