Chapter 18 • I Noticed Something About You

•Rayan's POV•

"She's in here somewhere. I know she's working today," Salem says to me as we enter Harriet's Wish. This is so similar to what Harriet described it to be. I'm glad her wish came true.

"She owns this place, right?"

Salem nods his head and walks towards the back room. Right as we are about to enter he spins around and pushes me against the wall next to the door.

"What the he-" he cuts me off my putting his hand over my mouth. Then he points to his ear. I don't get it at first but then I hear the voices.

"You haven't seen them anywhere?" I hear a voice ask. That's not just any voice, it's Talus.

"Even if I knew I wouldn't tell you," someone who presume is Simone spits back.

"You have no right to keep that information from me," Talus retorts.

I hear Simone laugh, and not the good laugh. "Oh really? If your precious sister is hiding from you she doesn't want to be found."

"She isn't hiding, she's just upset."

"That sounds like a you problem. Why are you looking for her, anyways?"

"You haven't been told?"

"Told what?" Simone asks back. I hear shuffling in the room.

"So, Salem hasn't told you? Well let me enlighten you. Griff Eastward is coming to Oregon, and he's bringing Lane and Kai with him," Talus practically yells.

There's silence for a second before Simone speaks, "that's not possible, I was told they stayed in California after Matthias and Nazario's deaths."

My eyebrows shoot up at the names. Matthias is my father. Matthias Blackwood. I don't know who Nazario is, though. Why are they talking about my father?

"Well that's not the case anymore. Their gonna be here in six months. Sawyer Rath confirmed it two days ago," he says.

"Rath? I thought he left Dane," Simone says in a confused tone.

"He was going to, but he did want to face..." Talus trailed off.

"I understand. Why is Griff coming here? Much less the Knights?"

"To get revenge. It's the same reason why Dane made us move here. Everything is based off revenge, quite frankly I think it's sickening," says Talus in a bitter voice.

What does he mean why that? Dane said we had to move here because of the job offer he got. That's what I was told. What revenge does Dane have in mind? I meet Salem's eyes and see that he's angry. He isn't looking at me, he's looking at the wall above my head. Right then I realize how close we are. Our bodies are flush against each other and Salem now has his hands on my waist.

A voice cuts off my thoughts, "we need to stop this. The rivalry can't go on forever, Talus. It's childish."

"You think I don't know that? At first I thought Dane would let it go. Maybe we just moved here because of mire coincidence. Although when I found out we moved next to you, it all made sense. Dane doesn't want this to end."

"What does he think of your sister and Salem being friends?"

"He hates the idea of it. They can't be friends, it wouldn't work anyways," Talus replies.

Before we can hear anything else Salem swiftly grabs my hand and pulls me so fast I don't think it was even possible for them to see us. He leads us towards the door of Harriet's Wish. For the first time I notice the bells are gone on top of the door. That's why it didn't alert them that we entered the store.