Chapter 28 • Monday

•Rayan's POV•

After the party on Saturday I crashed at Blythe's house with the girls, while the guys went to Roman's. Talus and Simone booked a hotel to relish in their on-again relationship. Gross.

Now it's Monday. I'm just getting ready to leave school, probably getting a ride with Salem. I remember the first day of school when I got a ride with my brother, well was forced to by my other brother, but still, the memories.

"Hi."

A voice makes me jump, also making me drop every binder that were previously in my hands. I look over an see Robyn, the football jock I sit next to in science. He asked me for my number on the first day of school but I kindly rejected him.

He smiles at me, his cute dimples showing, but then it faded when he sees my stuff on the floor.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare ya," he says in a slight panicked tone. He leans down an picks everything up, and then puts it back in my locker for me.

"It's fine," I say with a smile. I observe him while he organizes my locker with frantic hands. His black hair falls over his face a little bit, trying to hide his deep brown eyes. He's tall, built, an lean, but still doesn't compare to Salem.

When did I start to compare other guys with Salem?

He finally turns back to me an shows me a bright smile, the dimples back. I notice that he has a jacket slung over his right shoulder, underneath is a tight black v-neck.

"So...uh, Rayan, I don't really know how to ask this, but..." he stutters so much I want to pinch his cheeks at being so nervous. Why is he nervous, because he's talking to me?

"Just say it, Robyn," I tell him softly. He stops talking for a split second, seeing my calm demeanor, an heavily sighs.

"Well, next week we're having our homecoming parade. It was set back because of budget cuts for the football team. Anyways, would you like to go with me?"

My eyes widen, breathing stopped, and mouth hangs open. Not for the reason you think.

Right before Robyn finished Salem walked up behind him with a murderous glint in his eyes. He slaps a hand on the guys shoulder, but surprisingly Robyn doesn't flinch, just turns around slowly.

"Sorry, buddy, but she's already got a date," he says smoothly. I can see the look he's giving Robyn, as if telling him to contradict his word.

"Oh, yeah, I suppose that's you?" Robyn shoots back. My eyebrows shoot up ten feet. Wow, this guys got balls.

"Would it be a problem if it was me?" Salem taunts. I watch as they both so tense, getting ready to freaking fist fight or something.

"Just didn't think a beautiful and smart girl like Rayan would settle for white trash."

"Guys!"

They both stop the escalating argument an turn back to me. I grab Robyn's shoulder an push him away from a fuming Salem.

"Salem, go wait by your car," I instruct him. His face turns from rage to confusion in a split second. I raise an eyebrow, daring him to say something. He nods, probably knowing my threats will always be fulfilled, even though deep down I didn't feel like doing anything to him. Before he goes he jumps at Robyn, who surprisingly just smirks.

Once he's gone I turn back to the beginning issue. "Sorry, but uh..."

Do I say Salem and I are together? I barley know this guy an he's asking me to homecoming? Why was Salem so upset, and why didn't Robyn back down?