Chapter 24 • You Knew All Along

•Rayan's POV•

My legs swing over the bed and before they can touch me I'm walking towards the door. I get a few feet before my legs give out from the pain in my ankle, I fall but strong arms grip me before I hit the floor. They don't let go while they drag me back to the bed, even though I loudly protest.

"You need to know one more thing," Salem says.

He places me on the bed and looms over my small figure. I flinch away from him when he reaches for me.

"Do not touch me," I harshly whisper. I look around and see everyone looking glum, then I stop on Roman.

"You have something you need to say, don't you?" I ask him.

He stays quiet so I taunt him. "What? You to scared to face the music? Were you there, during the murders? That would explain why you had the audacity to come to my families funerals. How dare you?"

I continue yelling at him until he finally breaks.

"Yes! I was there, I was forced to be there. I was the only one who had never witnessed a murder, that's apart of growing into the gang. Nazario asked my father if I could come and he forced me to go. How do you think I feel? I had to watch three people die! I had to watch the girl my best friend was in love with get the life choked out of her," he screams back at me. I can see the pure agony in his eyes.

This definitely makes sense now. When he broke the bottle, he was reliving the moment he saw her die.

"Why didn't you do anything to stop it?" I say this to both Salem and Roman now.

"My father sent me to get my tattoo when the murders were happening, I had no idea who he was killing, if I did I would have stopped it," Salem says.

"He said that I could either watch him kill them or get a bullet to the head," Roman says in a shaky voice.

"Oh, but it was okay for Nazario to pump my parents full of lead an then crush my sisters windpipe?"

"That's not fair," he spits back.

"What's not fair? That you had a choice you were to cowardice to make, or you watched innocent three people die!"

"Enough!" We all jump when we hear Dante yell. I see him with his hands in his hands.

"Elyse would not approve of all this fighting," he now says calmly.

"Yeah, she also wouldn't approve of me being associated with her murderers son," I say back dryly. He shoots me a glare an then goes back to being quiet.

"Have you ever killed anyone?" This question is solely for Salem.

He looks me straight in the eyes. "Not anyone who deserved to live."

My stomach churns just thinking that the boy in front of me is a killer. How could I associate myself with him? His father killed my family, an now he tells me that he's also killed people. I move myself as far away from him as possible, although this bed is extremely small.

How could my brothers never tell me any of this? They should have warned me, Elyse should have told me. It's like everything was a lie my entire life.

"Dane isn't as innocent as your brain is trying to tell you he is, neither is Talus. Hell, my sister has done stuff too."

"Wait, is Simone in this too?" I ask. I hadn't even thought of her this entire time.

"No, my father wouldn't allow her to be because she was born before our parents were married."

"There's one more thing," Salem adds after a moment. I lock eyes with him an nod for him to go on. He reaches into his pocket an pull out something I haven't seen for a year.