Chapter 16 • Hang Outs & Movie Night

•Rayan's POV•

I stare in awe at the beauty before me. Never did expect to see one of these in person. I'm shocked beyond words.

"How the hell did you get this car? And what happened to your old one?" I look up from the car to ask Salem.

He just shrugs like its no big deal. "Hale bought it for me for my 16th birthday. The other car I had was a rental, and this one was in the shop." He answers before getting in. I start to walk over to my side but I notice something on the side. KOS is engraved in calligraphy on the driver side door handle.

Just like Salem's tattoo. If he thinks I forgot about the tattoo he's dead wrong. I always stare at it in gym when he wears muscles-tees. I pull myself out of my thoughts and walk over to the other side of the car and get in.

"How did Hale get his hands on a 1967 Mustang Acapulco?" I can't hide the clear shock still in my voice. I would kill for a car like this. It's baby blue with the racing stripes. Classic and new at the same time.

"You know your cars?" Is the answer I get.

I shoot him a deadpan look, "I grew up with two brothers and a father who owned a mechanic shop. I like to think I know a few things."

I loved that my dad taught me so much about cars. We used to own six of them before Dane sold them after he died. Well, he kept my father's favorite car. It's a black 1958 Ford Custom 300. Man, I love that car.

My father used to own a mechanic business. That's what he did for a living. Chiefs Flame was the name. I never really understood why he named it that, but hey I have a weird family.

Salem snickers beside me and focuses on the road. It's a comfortable silence for about five minutes before he breaks it.

"What was the bang I heard earlier?"

I freeze. He heard it? How? His car was pretty far from my front door. "How did you hear it?"

"Well, I was walking up to your front door to give you this," he pauses to toss me my Chapstick I left in his car earlier, " but I heard a loud bang when I was going to reach for the handle. I suspected that Dane or Talus saw me so I took that as my cue to leave. Then when I saw that Sawyer guys face in the window I didn't question it. That's not what happened is it?"

I let out a breathy laugh, "yeah, about that..." I say trailing off.

"Tell me," he says quickly, but there is suspicion in his voice. No way I'm getting out of this one.

"Dane may or may not have gotten mad enough to punch the wall. Right next to me head," I mumble. I see Salem's fists tighten around the steering wheel but he keeps his eyes to the road.

"Why didn't you text me? I would have gotten you out of there sooner," he says in a scarcely calm voice.

"Why the hell do you care?" I snap at him, "I'm sick of being looked at like I'm weak."

I was too busy staring at Salem to notice he pulled the car over. He slowly turns in his seat to look at me, "I care because that's the right thing to do when your friends brother tries to hit her, and your very far from weak."

"Friend? When did we classify each other as friends?" I say back to him. Even though I see him as a friend I can't trust that he feels the same.

"Rayan, I classified you as a friend the moment you fought back." He says with a smirk. I don't know what he means by that but I can't help the smile that creeps on my face.

"Drive the damn car, Wyatt." I say as I look out the window to hide my grin.

****

It was about a twenty minute drive to Bobby's house but we made it in good timing. His house looks similar to mine but it's a little bigger, and more clean cut.

"Is everyone in there?" I ask Salem while he texts Bobby.

"Yeah, including Petra and Dante. Don't lose your cool around one of them because they'll just tag team you. Their evil like that," Salem says with a chuckle.

"I don't like that bitch, and Petra's just as bad," I reply. I hear Salem stifle a laugh while exiting the car. I leave the car hesitantly, but when I catch the 'hurry up' look Salem sends my way I get out.

"Give me your phone," Salem slightly demands now standing in front of me. I send him a weird look but do as he says. After about minute of scrolling he turns my phone off and hands it to me. I arch an eyebrow so he'll elaborate on what he did.

"I looked through your messages and some pictures then turned your phone off," he says with a shrug. I gape at him looking up in surprise.

"You went through my shit! For all you know there could have been nudes in there," I whisper-yell. Then I slap my hand over my mouth. A smirk plasters itself on Salem's face.

"I wouldn't have minded," he says while wiggling his eyebrows at me. "And before you ask I did it just in case you took a picture of my license plate of sent it to someone. Personal reasons."

"What the hell? Like I would care that much," I retort.

"You're cute when you get bitchy," he says while poking my nose.

I smack his hand away and gesture for him to lead to the house, "start walking before I chop off your fingers and feed them to you."

"Feisty, my kind of women," is the reply I get. This boy will be the death of me. We walk up the short path which leads to the porch. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I'm going into a house full of hot guys. Just to add to my nervousness Salem puts his hand on the small of my back. "Just relax, we don't bite." I nod which in return I get a brilliant smile from Salem.

He reaches for the handle and opens the door. I walk close behind him while we walk deeper into the house. A noise—presumably the TV—comes from the room we're about to enter. We turn a corner and there sits all the guys, and the girls of course in Bobby's living room.

Each one of them looks up to smile at Salem. Then all eyes advert to me. I catch everyone's reaction which causes me to shift under here gazes.

Clayton and Elijah look happy to see me, I've grown the closest with those two before they left. Hale looks amused since he sees me hiding behind Salem. Bobby has a smirk on his face as he checks me out. Roman is a bit surprised and I can't help but stare at his vaguely familiar face I can't quite place. I turn to look at Dante who is loathing my entire existence.

My observation is cut short when I'm engulfed in a hug, "I'm so happy you came! It would be bloody horrific if I had to spend the night with 7 meatheads, Malibu Barbies, and Miss.Grumpy-pants," Blythe exclaims while hopping up and down.

"Hi Blythe," I say nervously. She releases me from her death grip which reveals a happy looking Olympia from behind her.

"Glad you made it. Salem told us not to tell the boys," she whispers in my ear while embracing me. From afar I see Petra leaning against a doorframe that probably leads to the kitchen.

"Shoot me now," she mutters but it's still loud enough for me to hear. I wink at her and give her the peace sign. I turn my attention to the guys who are now doing that confusing bro hug thing to Salem.

"Hey brother, not seeing you in a week nearly killed me," Hale says to Salem while wiping a fake tear from his cheek.

"It was a traumatic experience for us all," Salem replies while handing Hale and imaginary tissue. I laugh at their playfulness and turn to the person in front of me.

"What's going on, Cupcake?" A overjoyed Clayton says, ruffling my hair. I don't even get to reply before Elijah runs over and bear hugs the life out of me.

"Bestie! I missed you," he practically screams in my ear. I awkwardly hug him back.

"Nice seeing you again, Elijah. Same to you, Clayton," I say to both of them. I'm soon let go of and make small talk with the two of them before I greet the next person.

"Hello there, Beautiful. What brings you to my humble abode?" Bobby says then grabs my hand to kiss it. I blush while he lets his lips linger for more than a necessary amount of time.

Damn, I'm either irresistible or just a hoe. I'm gonna go with the latter.

"Sadly, Salem forced me to come here. I would much less spend my Tuesday night eating frozen pizza and watching old episodes of The Bachelorette," I tease.

"Why watch that when you have 7 male stallions before you eyes?" He says feigning hurt with a hand over his heart.

I tap my chin as if I'm thinking it over. "Bobby, Sweetheart, who would willing give up pizza and hot dudes that fight over one girl?" I mock an Italian accent while bringing an invisible cigar to my lips.

"Well, since you're here now I guess you did!" Hale says from behind me. Turning around I give him a playful glare.

"Of all people I thought you'd be on my team," I exclaim.

He laughs and places a hand on my shoulder, "sorry Babe, bros before hoes!" I watch him duck before I can hit him and race towards Roman who is a few feet away from me.

I stride towards him in what's supposed to be a graceful manner but just end up looking like and idiot. I see his hands are behind his back and his posture is straight. I can legit see this guy as a bouncer in two years.

"Hello, Mr.Bradley. It's a pleasure seeing you again," I now say in a posh accent. Primly, I hold out my hand for him to shake. He gives me a shy smile and returns the gesture by shaking my hand.

"Pleasure is all mine, Madam." He says in the same accent I used. I laugh and roll my eyes as I watch him drop the act and go back to standing like a military sergeant.

"Drop your shit, Blackwood. Your not fulling anyone," a bored voice says to my right. I turn my head slowly and look at Petra.

"First of all, before I decide to correct your attitude, I'll have you know that I'm just being friendly and kind. Something you're not aquatinted with. Also, whatever 'shit' I need to drop is either out of my eye range or invisible. Given the fact I don't see what I'm doing wrong. Why don't you scurry along and mope with Moretti over there. Complaining how life isn't fair and I just became the buzz kill," I retort back without missing a beat.

This time it's Dante who speaks, "watch what you say, little girl. Before I make you. I'm pretty sure you don't want that."

"What you gonna do, Dante? Going to finally be 'man enough' and hit me? You gonna get an ego boost while thinking you're the only guy to threaten to hit me? Here's a news flash for you. Been there. Done that," I say with a condescending smile like the bitch I am.

I cross my arms and smirk when I see Dante get up from the seat and walk over to me. "Trust me, Rayan. I wasn't threatening you, I was promising you."

Standing a bit taller, I lean up so our eyes are the same level. "I don't trust you as far as I can throw you, but I sure as hell can catch your bluff from a mile away."

Right as I see rage float in his eyes a hand grips my waist and pulls me into a hard chest. I don't turn around because the feeling I get from the touch tells me it's Salem.

"Don't," is all he says in my ear. I feel his firm hold on me loosen and him take a step back. I turn to meet his eyes and see an almost pleading looking in them. Curtly nodding, I walk away from him and stand on the other side of the room. All the guys are making small take and didn't even notice Dante, Petra, and I's little rift.

I look over and see Salem and Satan himself having a conversation. Then I bring my eyes over to Olympia who is whispering something into She-Devil's ear.

"I've never really liked Petra's attitude. I'd be happy to put her in her place for you," Clayton says from beside me. There's a playful look in his face but also a serious glaze to his eyes.

"Why do you put up with her? I would have dropped that bitch as fast as I thought about it," I say.

A small laugh escapes his mouth, "even if we wanted too she'd leach onto us anyways."

"Figures," is all I get to reply to before another voice breaks through the room.

"Okay guys, so I think in honor of the new member to our little 'group' we should do something fun. It's either downing a 24-pack of beer or playing 21 questions. Although I don't think we want hangovers for school tomorrow. Your pick, Rayan," Bobby announced then turns his attention to me.

"I don't drink so I guess an interrogation from people I hardly know will have to suffice," I reply.

All of us find a place to sit and I seat myself next to Salem on the couch and Elijah on the floor by my feet. Clayton and Hale sit in front of us in the couch ahead. Roman chooses to stand, which didn't surprise me. The wonderful Petra is sitting next to Olympia and Blythe on the love seat. Not forgetting Bobby who has taken over the recliner. Dante, who had walked out without me noticing, comes back with a beer in hand.

I hadn't noticed how big this living room actually was until 11 people    jammed themselves into it.

A bright smile finds its say onto Bobby's face. "Great, there's 10 of us so we'll each get to ask 2 questions of our choice. Myself, being the host of this fabulous get together, will be asking you tres preguntas." I guess there's an accent challenge going on since he just switched to Spanish.

"Por favor comience. Or in other words, please start," I say.

Bobby's face lights up "well here's my first question, any languages you speak other than English?"

"Actually, I do. My father taught me some Greek when I was younger. My mother would sing to me in Italian, so I know a few songs," I reply. I look to everyone else and most of them seem interested.

"What can you say in Greek?" Bobby asks not even hiding his astonishment.

I think back to the few sentences I know.

"Αύριο μπορεί να είναι η αρχή για πάντα. Which means 'tomorrow can be the start of forever.' I know a few other things but that sticks with me," I elaborate proudly.

Bobby whistles lowly, "damn, Rayan. Didn't know you were that badass."

I see Petra roll her eyes and Dante scoff but again, I ignore there immaturity. "Thank you, I try."

"Last one, first impressions of us guys."

****

For about and hour the questions ranked on. Satan and She-Devil chose to be skipped, much to which I was happy about. The questions I was asked ranged from all sorts of things. From favorite movies, sport, colors I like, and much more. Although, nothing too invasive. The last two people to ask are Hale and Salem. Saying they wanted to save the best for last.

"Middle name?" Is the genius question Hale came up with. I give him a 'really?' look but still answer.

"Ivette. Rayan Ivette Blackwood," I answer. A weird glance is shared between Hale and Salem but it quickly goes away.

"Beautiful name. Siblings? What you got," is his next question. My mouth goes dry but I keep my composure. Seriously, though? Of all questions he's compelled to ask that one?

"I have two brothers, Dane and Talus, whom I live with at the moment. Then there's my sister, Elyse," I stop for a second not sure if I want to say this in front of people I hardly know. Hale looks at me with curiosity so I sigh and continue. "She...uh, died about a year ago," I finish in a low voice.

Nothing is said for a few seconds. I lowered my eyes to the ground to avoid the pity I know they feel. I don't want pity. Before I can get into any deep thoughts I jump at the sound of class breaking.

I look up to see half broken beer bottle in...Roman's hand? I hadn't even seen him leave the room. "Are you alright?" I ask hesitantly, catching the slight pained look in his eyes. His fiery blue eyes meet mine and for a split second I see something. Something I couldn't even miss if I tried. Self hatred.

Honestly, I've always been one to read people. I can catch and emotion even before its thrown. The one I just saw in this boy standing in front of me couldn't have been missed. I know that look because I see it ever time I see my reflection.

"Shit, yes I'm fine. I was holding the bottle too tight. I'll clean it up," he says back to me in a clipped tone. He reaches down and picks the glass up on the floor and places it in the now slightly cracked open bottle side. His hands aren't even bleeding.

****

After the last dreadful question was asked, and the mess that Roman created was wiped away, it's only 1:30 a.m. We all look tired, and yawns escape us now and then. Tonight has been really fun. The guys and the girls treat me like I'm one of them.

Now we're all sitting and Bobby is flipping through his DVDs to find a good movie. Yes, it's old fashioned but I don't feel like being judgmental tonight.

"Okay, so the best I've got is Good Will Hunting with Matt, Sister Act with Whoopi, and Billy Madison with Adam. What shall it be?" He turns around to ask holding up the discs. All of us share a glance—not including Satan and She-Devil since their as quiet as the dead right now—before we all start at once.

"Adam," we say in unison. We all laugh at each other as Bobby puts the movie in and hits play. The lights are turned off by Hale and we all move around in our spots to get comfortable.

I bring my legs up so their off the floor tucked them to the side. I slightly lean into Salem and he throws a blanket over us. Out of the corner of my eye I see Olympia snuggle up to Hale, and Blythe leaning against Clayton.

"I'll explain tomorrow," Salem whispers in my ear. Then he raps his arm around me and pulls me closer. My breath hitches to which Salem smirks at. I pinch his side and laugh as I see him squirm then laugh too.

While the movie plays on my eyelids start to droop. I'll get Salem to drive me home in and hour...

Meanwhile | Talus
I open the trashcan lid and throw Rayan's note inside. Who does she think she is? I know I'm the calm brother but right now she's pushing the envelope. What Dane did today was wrong, but I'm just glad she got over it. I know he would never hurt her, but what he did was horrible. I wanted to rip him apart. I don't know what we're going to do with him. If he doesn't get his anger under control things will get all kinds of fucked up. That's can't happen. For our sake and Rayan's.

____________________
This chapter is dedicated to XthatONEchicX PLEASE GO READ HER STUFF

Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter.
Think are about to get rocky so you better hold on lol
Picture of Salem's & Rayan's Dad car at the top^^^
Btw remember the name of her dads Mechanic Shop...

QOTD | Who's your favorite one of Salem's friends? I like Roman and Bobby TBH
VOTE & COMMENT (please vote)