Chapter 3 • First Day

•Rayan's POV•

After I got the whole 'you shouldn't talk to a strange boy, especially that strange boy' speech from my lovely older brother, I got into the car ready for school. Since I was able to drive myself I got right into the front seat with a smug look on my face. Being my first day, I was a tad nervous. Although those feeling quickly subsided when I remembered who I was.

You are Rayan fucking Blackwood, be the bad ass you are

After complimenting myself in my head all my worries had gone away and I'm left with confidence.

My mind keeps drifting to earlier this morning...meeting that boy, having him save me from falling, getting lost in his eyes...what I would do to that body...

The dirty thought gets ripped from my head when the passenger door was yanked open by a not so happy looking Talus. He sits with a huff while he mumbles profanities under his breathe. I can't help but feel a little uneasy as he tends to get more angry.

"Are you okay? You look like your gonna rip someone's head off?" I say, feeling like a complete idiot for interrupting his ticked-off persona. I quickly look away as he turns to give me a death stare.

"It's nothing, just our dear ole brother giving me a fucking headache. Drive before I get very pissed off." Talus says through gritted teeth. I wonder what happened?

I laugh silently to myself before putting in the directions to the GPS. Even though the school isn't far, I don't know where I'm going, so extra help is always good. Throughout the entire ride I feel a little wary by my brothers anger. He doesn't piss off easily, so they were probably fighting over me.

It's about a 15 minute ride from our house to the school, which isn't bad. I park into a slightly-full parking lot and look towards the school. 'Ember-Falls High School' is written in bold letters on a banner right outside the main doors. I can't help but want to stay in the car a little longer, avoiding the new people I will meet.

I turn off the car completely and start to get out before Talus's voice stops me.

"I'm mad because Dane was trying to get me to convince you not to make any friends. Saying that there all trouble. I freaked because you literally have 8 months of school left, and I'm not letting you go the entire senior year alone. Dane said it would be better for you to just keep to yourself, but I told him to shut the hell up and never mention it to you. It made me mad since you've been through so much and he still wanted to be an ass. I didn't mean to be pissy on your first day. I'm sorry." He says with a small smile.

I'm still trying to process why Dane would want that for me. We've been here not even 2 days and he's against me getting to know people. I wonder if this is about Salem, knowing Dane didn't like the sight of the poor guy. I'm glad that Talus came to my defense though, my brother always has my back.

"Well if it makes him feel any better I probably won't make and friends anyways. I'll just keep to myself so he doesn't yell at you." I say, meaning every word. Frankly, I don't need friends to survive. Being alone has never done me wrong.

"No Rayan, you will not. Meet people, enjoy your life and don't live off his opinions. If anything be friends with the boy he told you to stay away from. That will really blow smoke up his ass." He says, smiling that devilish smile my brother portrays. With that he sends me a wink and gets out of the car.

I have to admit, I do love both my brothers deeply, but Dane can be a real pain sometimes, so I can always count on Talus to ease him up. Dane is extremely protective over me, mostly because of the accident...

I don't let my mind wonder too far, given I don't want to be upset my first day at the new school. The place is huge on the outside, meaning it's most likely bigger on the inside. We open the main doors to the first office we saw, administration office, only to be directed to a "council office." We make our ways through the halls until we come to a big wooden door with those words on it.

Talus walks in first, since he has to be the one to officially sign me into school. Talus and Dane both have partial custody of me. Which was fought for might I add. They both got into a giant dispute, not wanting Talus to have any custody of me since it decreased Dane's rights. After awhile it became up to me, which I went with my older brothers side. I couldn't bare to see what would have happened if I chose Talus.

The women sitting at the first desk we see as we open the door couldn't be over 25 and very pretty, chocolate brown skin with shocking hazel eyes. She turns to Talus, obviously thinking he's attractive.

"How many I help you sir?" She says perking up her chest. I roll my eyes and turn to Talus seeing how he'll react. My brother, being a oblivious human being, gives her his bright smile flirtatiously.

"Yes, I'd like to get my sisters schedule. Today is her first day here, and I'm here to get registration ready. Her name is Rayan Blackwood. Mine being Talus Blackwood."

"One moment please," she says in a seductively gross voice with a kind smile. I see her look at me, catching onto my disgust. "Rayan Blackwood is one-hundred percent registered. All you need to do is show me your ID and sign her officially into school. Here is her schedule." She hands me a small yellow piece of paper. Only teachers names, subjects, locker number and class room numbers written on it.

Talus hands her his ID, but when she takes it from him she touches his hand. No doubt it being on purpose. I scoff at whatever is going on here. I've been in the damn school all of 10 minutes and my brothers already whoring-it-up. Finally, he signs me off to go. Although, I'm stopped by the women's voice.

"If you have any trouble finding your way to class, here's a note also. This note excuses you if your late. Wouldn't want your brother here to have to get a phone call." She says giving Talus a wink. I smile as I take the note from her, wanting to literally smack her. "Have a wonderful first day."

I head straight for the door, not even checking for my brother. When the door is closing he walks out. Giving me a nervous look. He knows he looked like a complete douche in there.

"Okay...sorry about that she flirted with me first?" Talus says, sounding more like a question than a statement. I scowl, but I guess I'll let it go. I don't need anymore stress.

I check the clock on the wall for the time to see how much I had left before first period. Dammit, only twenty minutes. I turn to Talus waiting for him to say his goodbyes and shit.

He quickly composes himself. "Listen to me Rayan, make new friends. Meet people and socialize okay? Do it for me, don't worry about Dane's opinion. And have a great first day. I'll be here at three to pick you up." I just give a slight nod. The desperation in his voice was sincere. I guess I'll try and make a friend...

Before he leaves, Talus gives me a hug and lightly kisses the top of my head. I watch as he walks off and out of the building. He's always been the caring brother, not afraid to show emotion. Dane on the other hand isn't very emotionally in check. I don't think I've ever seen him cry. Not even when my parents died. He isn't the person to open up and let people in. He's always been that way and will always be that way.

Looking down at my schedule, I look at my locker number. 'Locker number 893: Assigned to Rayan Blackwood.' Is written in bold black letters. I set out to find it, hoping this first day would end up being good.

____________________
Good? Bad? 50/50?
Hope whoever reads this likes it.
Comment & Vote
***EDITED***