Chapter 17 • Not The Time

•Rayan's POV•

"Is this the Blackwood's resistance?" A man in a police officer uniform asked Talus from the door. He looked hesitate, which only scared me more.

"Yes...is there a problem, Sir?" Talus replied, then looking over his shoulder to see where Dane was. As if right on cue my older brother walked into the room. The officer gives him a nod of acknowledgment then meets my eyes. He sees the dumb birthday hat Elyse made me wear. I watch as guilt passes through his facial features.

"Is there any possible way we could continue this conversation inside? I think it would be best if we all sat down," the officer says now focused on Talus and Dane.

"Right this way," Dane says making a path for the officer to enter the house.

We all get settled into the house and sit in our living room. I move around in my seat in discomfort. Why is there a cop in my house on my birthday? I watch the officer takes in his surroundings and then take a deep breath. He looks between us three and then speaks.

"There's been an accident," are the first words he says. With each one I feel parts of my heart break more and more.

****

My eyes jolt open to stop the dream from going any further. I lay with my eyes open for a second but sleep wants to take over again. Even though I haven't had that memory dream in so long, there's no point in waisting perfectly good sleeping time. Adding the fact that I'm very comfortable at the moment.

I close my eyes again and snuggle farther into my bed. I don't remember my bed being so comfortable and warm. I inhale the intoxicating smell around me. It's like Axe and honey. Axe...when did I spray my bed with Axe?

The bed beneath me moves around and I freeze. All the events from last night come swarming back.

Fight. Sneaking out. Car. Bobby. House. Questions. Salem.

Salem. Oh no, this isn't happening. I try lifting my head a bit but then I realized the predicament I'm in. My face is nuzzled into Salem's neck. I feel his arm around his waist while my right hand is against his side. My other hand is...interlaced with his? I look down at my left hand, which Salem has his right on top of mine, out fingers overlapping each other. The blanket we had last night is now on the floor for some reason.    

This can't be happening, oh my god. I'm laying on top of the hottest guy I know.

Slowly lifting my head I look at the room around me. Nobodies in the room. What the hell? Where is everyone?

As if being summoned Bobby walks into the living room with a apron on his front. I give him a pleading look to not make noise. A mischievous smile finds its way on his face.

Oh no, he wouldn't would he? I watch him suck in a big breath and open his mouth. I let out a small squeak and nuzzle my face back into Salem's neck and shut my eyes.

"SALEM, WAKE UP BUDDY!" Bobby screams at the top of his lungs.

His grip is like steel around my waist as he shoots up and looks around. I lose our balance on the couch since I'm directly on top of him. My hands shoot to Salem's shoulders as I fall, taking him with me.

My back slams against the floor with Salem now on top of me, our faces an inch away. I open my previously shut eyes and look up to take in his face.

He wears an smirk identical to Bobby's as he looks down at me.

"Morning, Sunshine. Did you sleep good?" He asks.

I roll my eyes, "get off of me, Wyatt. You're crushing my spleen," I feign pain but he still doesn't move.