Chapter 10 • Why Are They Here?

•Rayan's POV•

"So how was it?" Talus's says as I approach the drivers side. He stands leaning up against the passenger side door with his arms crossed over his chest. He's seems genuinely interested in what my first day was like, but I think I'll only give him the basics.

"It was good, I met a lot of new people that I like, and a few that don't really like me." I ponder telling him about Sawyer but I think I'll wait.

He looks a little confused about the last part but decides to drop it.

"That's great, for the most part anyways. Did you hang out with the boy Dane told you not too?" Talus says cheerily. I nod my head a little hesitantly and a giant smile forms on his face. "Good, it'll serve Dane right seeing you go against his word. Sometimes he can be such a pain in both of our asses."

"Yeah, I don't know why Dane didn't like him, he's really nice and most of his friends are too," I say.

Talus looks like he thinking of something as he reaches for his door handle, "You never told me the guys name?" He says getting into the car.

I do the same and slide into the front seat, turning to Talus and giving him my attention, "His name is Salem Wyatt," I say.

As soon as his name is said Talus is looking widely into my eyes, the alarm and shock very clear. "Is i-it now?" He says with a nervous stutter.

This happened to Dane as well, it also happened to Salem's friends when they heard my name. There is definitely a secret I need to know.

"Yeah," I reply holding out the word. A wavy of undetectable emotions cross his face, but I think I catch a bit of panic in his blue eyes.

I decide to push him just a little further, maybe I can get come answers. "Is that a problem?" I say.

Talus suddenly turns forward, buckling his seatbelt and keeping his eyes straight ahead. "Drive," he spits out a bit of anger in his voice.

I turn back to the wheel and insert the key in the ignition, revving the car before starting to drive. I have a pretty good memory so I easily remember the way back to our house.

After about 15 minutes I pull into the driveway of our home. There are a few unknown cars parked on the street across from ours, and I can't help but wonder who they belong too. There's only five houses all together on our blocks, two on my side and three on the other.

Talus storms out of the car, slamming the door in the process. I grab my bag that I previously threw in the back seat and try to catch up to him, but he's almost to the door. I let out a sign and look over to Salem's house.
There one car in the driveway, but it's different then the one I saw Salem get into while saying our goodbyes. It must be his parents.

I think back to seventh and eighth period and how I noticed all the weird behavior. Dante was present in both of my last two classes, which were German and Study Hall. Also Bobby and Roman made appearances in one or the other as well. Hale and Salem were late to German, and I could tell something was up due to there lack of talking.

Whenever I look at Roman I get a feeling of déjà vu. It's like I've seen him somewhere, but not completely know it was him.

Bobby was cheerful, but watch how what he said around me. Leaving Dante, quiet and intimidating as always.

I head towards my front door and open it cautiously. Maybe I can listen in to whatever conversation their having. I can hear muffled voices and a laugh, while Talus's voice is high in anger.

"Of all the damn places we could have moved, you pick the house next to a Wyatt? How idiotic can you be Dane? How careless? We moved here to protect Rayan from this, not put her smack dab into the middle of it!" Talus yells, voice full of anger.

I tip toe my way to the kitchen, back pressed against the wall beside the entrance. I can hear the shuffling of more than two people and wonder who it could be. We have guests already?

"Tell me Talus, why do you think we moved here? Huh? Not to keep Rayan safe, she's far from that already. We came here to end this rivalry once and for all. If we end them then the problem ends. Understand, oh wise one?" Dane yells back in a bitter tone.

"What are you gonna do, Dane? Kill them? There just kids. They aren't anything like there fathers."

"And how do we know that? We already had a Wyatt all over our little sister. Who knows what there capable of," Dane replies.

There's a pause for a second, probably those two nitwits having a glare off. A voice that I never thought to hear again breaks the surface.

"Alright guys, back off each other before this gets ugly," Sasha says.

Without being able to stop it I gasp in shock, giving up my hiding spot. There's another round of silence before I'm greeted by Sasha himself.

"Well, look what we have here guys. Miss Rayan the eavesdropper. Come on in the kitchen," he says grabbing my arm and yanking me into sight.

All eyes are trained on me as I take in all the people before me. Remember the little 'posse' of Dane's friends I mentioned? Well each one of them is staring at me.

The most noticeable one is Sawyer, who has a smug smirk placed on his face, as if I've been let into a secret that his enemy didn't intend on sharing. How did he get to my own house before me?

I look over to Dane who's almost foaming at the mouth. An then to Talus, who's hands are clenched by his sides. I take my eyes away from the to glance over at the other four guys in the room.

Sasha, who is looking at me with a smile, stands with his arms crossed now at the other side of the room. His thick black hair hangs in his gorgeous face as he checks me out. Him and I have always have and unspoken attraction with one another, but have never really acted on it.

Then there's Sawyer, who's looking content as he'll ever be.

I turn my attention to Luca, my face instantly lighting up. I've always loved him, as a brother I mean.

Luca is Dane's right hand man, and his partner in crime. Luca basically lived at our house, my parents loved him like he was there son. I run from my spot over to him, and a bright smile eruptions onto his face.

"Oh my gosh Ray-Ray, you have no idea how much I've missed you," he says. I jump into his arms and he hugs me tightly.

"I missed you too Luca-Booca," I say. He laughs at his old nickname.

I hear someone snicker from behind me and let go of Luca to see who it is.

When I turn I'm face to face with my worst enemy. Navy Tynan. How ladies and gentlemen when I say I hate someone, I usually don't mean it. But when I say I hate Navy Tynan, I mean it with everything I stand for.

Standing before me is my greatest weakness, and my greatest pain in the ass.

"Hello there, beautiful. How was your day?" Navy says with a cheeky, yet evil smile. I feel my stomach instantly tighten as I think back to the person the boy in front of me is.

Navy is like the human version of a head ache. He's charming, yet spiteful. And he's playful, yet narcissistic. Throughout most of high school Navy and I dated. Dane hated the idea, but we never listened to his protest. Navy was the sweetest guy I knew, and he was the hottest. With his baby blue eyes and rustic bad boy look who could blame that I fell in love.

That was until the abuse started. At first it was just little things, like calling me worthless or stupid. And then it got worse. Our fights were endless, but what kept us together was that we would always find a way to make up.

Although, because I wanted to save my virtue for the right time Navy thought I was hiding something. He thought I had cheated on him with someone, probably thinking it was Sasha since he was always jealous of our close bond. Saying it would be obvious if I had cheated so that's why I didn't want him as the deflowering party. His words not mine.

Even though Navy was a little on the abusive side I would never have cheated on him. The thought never even crossed my mind.

One night he got very mad and he slapped me in the face. Right after that I ended it. I couldn't deal with his accusations any longer. I never told anyone what he did to me except Elyse, but I made her promise not to tell. She never did.

"Rayan, up to your room now." Dane says, cutting off my thinking train. His face is hard and his eyes are wild with anger. Dane has always been the one to lose his head easily.

"What if I don't want to?" I retort cockily, seeing Dane mad is my favorite muse. I plaster and evil smirk onto my face as I cross my arms across my chest.

He catches my challenge and flickers his eyes to Sasha for a split second, then back to me. The same smirk shows on his face as he speaks.

"Sasha, please show Rayan to her room," Dane says. My eyes go wide as I realize that is about to happen.

I look to Sasha in fright, "No no no..." I say backing up from him.

The sadistic glint in his eyes indicates he's not giving me mercy. He lunges for me, I almost make it away from him but he grabs me by my waist and throws me over his shoulder. I bounce up and down as he runs up the stairs.

"Sasha! Let me down, now." I growl at him, but he doesn't even bat an eye. I hear a door creak open, and it most likely is mine. I'm thrown into a bed with a light thud. My butt bone hitting the edge of the mattress.

"Your such an asshole, Sasha." I say, childishly folding my arms.

He grins down at me after closing my bedroom door. "Awe, what's the matter, Rayan? Are you mad you can't outrun a physical phenomenon like me-self?" Sasha says in a mock accent, egotistical as ever.

I roll my eyes and lay back on my bed. I don't bother to look when the bottom of the bed dips. I stare at the ceiling and try to image what it would look like if it wasn't all cracked.

My bedroom is biggest in the house, curtesy of being spoiled. Although, being the biggest means its paint is withering away from lack of retouch to the surface.

As if it's the hundredth time today my thoughts are interrupted, but this time it's from a hand resting on my knee.

"I did miss you, ya know. I didn't know I would be moving so soon. But when I got the news that Dane brought you guys to Oregon with the rest of us, I was happy I'd get to patch things up with you. I know things ended rough between you and the guys. Mostly because of me," Sasha says with a sad tone to his voice.

It's true though, things didn't end well. About three months before we moved, all of Dane's friends moved away. Their excuses were 'needing a change of scenery,' but I didn't believe them. They moved because of how broken I was. Because of how bad my depression was.

After Dane and Talus finally got the adoption rights, all his friend bailed when I came home in a depression state that made everyone miserable. I mean I can't blame them, I would have bailed too if I had a lunatic sad girl in my life. But they were all I had.

Sasha was the first one to move away, which I think was what triggered everyone else to leave. I resented him for it, all the messages he left me were deleted. Every text he sends me I replied with 'leave me alone' or 'screw you.' It wasn't until the day we moved that I called Sasha and forgave him, completely on a whim.

Even though they all left, they still looked out for me. I still couldn't forgive them easily though. It took time.

I never really had friends due to Dane being so over protective. Everyone was either afraid of him or afraid of his friends. I was the 'look but can't touch' girl. It really sucked.

I turn my focus back on Sasha, taking in his sad expression. "I missed you too, Sasha. And it was not because of you. I understood that you guys couldn't deal with me. I just wish I would have knew before you guys left me high and dry," I say.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But trust me we were sad over Elyse and the rents' being gone too. It was never because of you, trust me I get where your coming from. We just chose a different way of dealing with it."

He looks away and continues, "I know things were hard on all of us, but you got the brunt. Us leaving like that just made shit worse. I'm sorry, Rayan."

"I understand, Sasha," I say.

He looks at and his expression speaks in a way words can't. He truly is sorry.

"Do you forgive me?" Sasha says whilst giving me the puppy dog eyes.

I stare at him for a second and then smile. How could I not forgive him?

"Of course I forgive you," I say.

Sasha and I have always had a bond, a very deep one at that. Him and I just always...clicked. There were moments where I pondered whether or not to leave Navy for Sasha. But I realized our friendship is way to important for that. He thought the same when I confessed that to him after Navy and I broke up.

"Well, I'd suggest going back down there to eavesdrop too, but I'd like to keep my head on my shoulders." Sasha says.

I just laugh in amusement as I playfully ruffle his hair.

Meanwhile | Olympia
I hang up my phone call with Salem in a hurry. He's very mad. Like extremely, over the top pissed off. I mean if I was him I'd be too. The guy he's supposed to hate the most in this world lives next door. To add to the dilemma Salem already thinks he's developing a little crush on the guys sister.

I mean come on, it's been one day! How can things happen so fast? Petra knew who she was the moment she laid eyes on her, saying she 'looked and smelled like a Blackwood.' Again, I can't blame her for not liking Rayan. The girl just waltzed into our group and she thinks that's okay? I don't understand how Blythe is so nice to her.

What am I saying? Blythe is like an angel with invisible wings.

We need to control the Blackwood problem. Fast.

____________________
This chapter is dedicated to WelcomeToTheShow_
Your work is great!!!

Anywho, after this chapter they'll be alone longer. Only one more main character to introduce and then the MAIN story line will begin! Also just to say in the casting list in put Elyse as Lily Colin's. Elyse is dead, but I wanted to give her an actor since she'll be mentioned a lot.

Vote & Comment PLEASE

Authors Note will be posted after this chapter. I'll be putting my update/when I write schedule. And I'll be more in depth with the plans for my book.