Chapter 21 • I'm Sorry

•Rayan's POV•

It's been a good fifteen minutes since I left Harriet's Wish, and here I am, still sitting in Salem's care alone.

Did I do something wrong? Did I say something to offend Simone? I don't think so, I mean I kept my language appropriate an everything.

From the passenger side mirror I see Salem walking towards the car. I automatically blush thinking about what happened in the shop. He was going to kiss me, and at that moment I wouldn't even have pushed him away.

"I'm taking you home," is the first thing Salem says as he slips into his car and slams the door. I look over at him with a puzzled expression but he doesn't meet my eyes.

"And to think we were having a good time," I mutter as I look out the window.

"It's not you, it-"

"It's me right? Wow I actually thought you hadn't been hit with the cliche stick yet, damn was I wrong," I cut him off and reply back. "I think it's a good choice that you take me home."

He doesn't say anything as he puts the car in gear and drives off. It's only a short distance before we make it to our houses. I can tell he's driving as slow as he possibly can but I don't call him on it. I don't need another argument.

I know I over react too much. But these secrets and lies are getting to much for me to handle. I can only take so much.

When he pulls into his driveway I look over to mine and see all the guys cars parked along the street. The light coming from my living room window tells me somethings going on in there. I really hope it's not a party.

Before he can even speak I get out of the car and slam the door behind me. I hear him get out and right has I'm about to make it on my porch steps he grabs my arm and spins me around.

"Here," he says, placing something that feels like fabric in my hand. Right when I'm about to protest he pulls me into a hug. His arms go around my waist while he pulls my body toward his roughly. For a second I stand there unresponsive but slowly I bring my arms around his torso and hug him back just as tightly.

"Happy Birthday, Rayan," he whispers in my ear. Slowly, he lets go of me and steps back, a giant smile on his face. He takes a step towards me and lightly grazes me cheek with his lips. I don't have time to think about it because he's already jogging towards his door.

In a daze, I turn around and open my front door. Inside are six boys who look like they want to spit fire.

****

"Lover boy give you the bracelet?" Sawyer coos in my ear and grabs my wrist swiftly. I try to tug it from his grasp but he doesn't let me go down without a fight. "Aw, look how adorable it is."

"Let go of me or you'll be picking your arm off the floor," I hiss through gritted teeth. An evil glint passed through his eyes. He starts to creep his hand up my arm but a clipped voice stops him.

"Hands off, Rath. Or I'll be the one taking your arm off," Navy says from behind us. Sawyer removes his hand after letting it linger a little bit longer, he sends me a wink and gets up from the stool he was on and exits the kitchen.

I give Navy a small smile as he takes the seat next to me. For awhile he just stares at the side of my head as I play with the bracelet on my left wrist. It has a metal infinity sign on it with blue woven cord around it, a variety of colors are around the cord as well. When I looked into my hand an saw it for some reason it pulled at my heart.

"Don't mind him, he's five beers in," Navy finally says.

"Really? So Dane will let him drink underage but not me?" I say an roll my eyes.