Chapter 5 • Seeing You Around

•Rayan's POV•

Trying to stray away from those aching thoughts, I begin to look for my locker again. I can't find it anywhere and now I only have 15 minutes until homeroom. Going to a new school really sucks, and to top it all off people are starting to stare.

The lockers are white, and the hall walls are a creamy orange. I'm guessing those are the school colors, since a few cheerleaders have there uniforms on.

From what I can see this is a pretty basic high school when it comes to the ranking social statuses. You got the popularity group that is full of bleach-blonde halfwits, who already look like they dislike me. Then there's the socially impaired, who stay away from the school population. Then the nerds, who start to blush as I walk by. I smile casually as I continue to take in my peers.

While observing everyone around me I spot my locker, which is surrounded by the infamous jock group. It's filled with the bulky, muscular attractive guys who are obviously stereotypical players.

A few of them wolf whistle as I make way to my locker. Mentally counting I spot six guys. I look into the eyes of all of them until I meet a familiar pair. Salem? I would have never taken him for a jock, or even someone who hangs out with these type of guys. He gave me the stay low and dangerous vibe.

Seeing the shock on my face he sends me a wink, which somewhat makes my heart flutter. I quickly ignore those feelings since he's hanging out with these hormonal teenage boys.

There are some chuckles and comments coming from behind me, but it's not like I haven't got that before. They all stare at me, every single one of them. And it's making me highly uncomfortable. From what I can see they are all very attractive, all having there own unique traits. After I catch myself ogling them I force my eyes to the ground.

I finally make my way to my locker after having to ask a few guys to move. The lock wasn't hard to open, but the door sure was. I struggled for a good thirty seconds before it decided to fully open.

As I start to put my books away, I'm stopped my a familiar voice. "Well I guess 'seeing you around' would come a lot sooner than I anticipated." Salem says, amusement in his tone. I can't tell if he's being cocky or nice, but I can tell he's finding joy of my embarrassment.

I turn around, only expecting him to have surrounded me, but I was wrong. All six were before me, having me in a circle. I gasp since they are all looking at me like I'm fresh meat. I can't help but gape at their beautiful features, perfect lips, cheekbones, and jaw lines. Although none of them compare to Salem, it's like he's one of a kind.

A boy with chocolate brown skin and perfect teeth speaks up, "So Salem, this is the little bitty you live next to? You better get her before I do." He says with a smirk and a wink. All of a sudden he grabs my hand "My name's Clayton Taylor." He kisses the back of my hand then smiles like a million bucks. He looks like a model, I can't help but swoon a little.

My cheeks turn a deep crimson. I'm about to say my name when the rest start to introduce themselves unexpectedly.

"I'm Hale Edgar." A boy with bright blue eyes and light blonde hair says. His dimples are so deep I can't help but stare. His teeth are the straightest I've ever seen, and pearly white.

"Roman Bradley," another says. He's the average teenage jock. Brown hair and blue eyes. He turns to me and shakes my hand, very formal. He returns to his stance with hands behind his back. I can't but find himself familiar.

"Names Robert Casto, but call me Bobby please." A very muscular boy says with a giant smile. He's close to Salem's attractive features, but still no one can beat.

Next to introduce themselves is a giant boy with a great smile. He's got to be at least a foot taller than me, towering so I come right below his chest. His grin is holding a warm feeling as he starts to speak, "Hey I'm Elijah. Well actually Elijah Ramirez. It's very nice to meet you." Unexpectedly he gives me a hug, when I pull away and smile back at him I see a small blush form upon his cheeks.

Lastly I notice a boy standing in the back of the group that I didn't see before, so that makes it seven. His arms are crossed and his eyes are piecing into me like daggers. It's so intense I flinch a little at his gaze. His face is a mystery. His silent attitude reminds me of Dane instantly. Behind his eyes I see nothing, no emotion and completely impassive. It sends a chill up my spin. He would be very attractive if he didn't have a cold glare.

"Dante Moretti." Is all he says as he continues to stare at me. All these guys are so nice, then there's him. It looks like Dante hates me already. Great, an enemy this should be fun. -Note Sarcasm-

I finally rip my eyes away from his troubled gaze and turn back to the guys. There looking at me as if I need to say something...? Oh! I didn't introduce myself.

"It's nice to meet you guys. My names Rayan Blackwood." I say, fixing my delay. When I look at them all its like there in a frozen state—except for Salem—gaping at me. It's as if I've slapped them, the shock clearly present. I don't understand why though. Do I know them?

Although Salem is slightly unaffected since he already knew my name. He clears his throat to get the attention towards himself. "Anyhow, if you ever need anything or any help turn to us for it, okay?" He asks me with a nervous smile. Then he quickly glances at the guys, thinking I didn't notice the unusual behavior.

"Uh...Thanks. Can you guys take a look at my schedule?  I'd be really nice to have someone I know in class with me." I say hoping to end the awkward silence. They all nod their heads and Bobby takes the piece of paper from me. They are all looking at it except Dante of course. He's now giving me a evil smirk, which sends a chill down my spine once again.

"So you have two classes with Clayton and I. Three with Elijah and Roman, and five with Hale. Oh and you have all eight with Dante and Salem." Bobby states, handing me back my schedule.

I'm sorry did he say all eight with Dante and Salem? Wow this should be horrible. I mean I don't mind seeing Salem's face all the time but Dante's too? A complete nightmare awaits me.

"Thanks...are any of you in my homeroom?" I say. A little hopeful that maybe Salem will be in homeroom also.

"That would be only me." The one an only says. I mentally fist pump in the air, excited Salem will be seen throughout my day. He winks at me once again before standing next to me.

"C'mon beautiful, say bye to your new little friends." Salem says cockily. I look at him and his face is completely astounding. His features lit by the bright lights of the hall catch me off guard. Salem catches me basically drool and laugh. Which shocks me out of my gaze.

"Alright, we should get going. We'll see you all in the classes we have together." With the guys leave and I give them a small smile and turn back to my locker. I notice Salem hasn't left yet. I can tell his eyes are looking at the side of my head, but I pretend I don't notice.

I turn to look at him and finally take in his outfit and look for today.

I didn't realize it before but he looks ravishingly handsome right now. His jeans are whitewash with tears in the knees. He wears a white V-neck shirt. The white shirt is see through, and showing me his yummy abs. Also, his upper left shoulders I can see dark, yet faint tattoo. I can't make out what it is or if it even says anything. I'm still focused on his shoulder mark when he catches my eye once again.

He takes a few steps closer to me so we are only inches apart. "If your wondering about these," he points to his shoulders, "Yes they are tattoos." Salem says cheekily. I blush since he basically read my mind.

"W-what is it of?" I reply curiously. A evil look of playfulness take place in his eyes. He slowing pulls down the collar of his shirt revealing something I didn't except.

"Well beautiful, it's of the symbol a Spade. You know from a deck of cards. And the words on it say 'King of Spades.' And the faint 'S' you see is for my first initial." He states matter-of-factly.

I look at it observantly. It's like a triable pattern spade with openings and dark spots. And then in a paint stroke like font, it says King of Spades. The faint S is almost in the same font, but also very different. I gawk at the interesting work of art.

"Very unique I must say. What does it stand for?" I say.

I'm guessing he didn't expect me to ask that question since his face is now a mixture of emotions. Nervousness, slight shock, and anger? Salem answers reluctantly, "Uh...it just stands for a group me and the guys made up. Nothing special really." He states while scratching the back of his neck.

As if meant by fate the homeroom bell rings signaling we need to be there. Stopping me from asking further questions. All the weight on Salem's back smooths away and his confident self returns. "C'mon Cupcake lets get to class."

____________________
So chapter 5 is up! Just wanna let y'all know that this book will be a little slow but trust me it'll get better once you progress in reading.
Comment & Vote
Picture of Salem's tattoo I designed.