Chapter 15 • Regrets

•Rayan's POV•

I thank Salem for the ride and reluctantly get out of his car. After he told me the plan I'm still a little worried I'll be caught. At 11 tonight I have to somehow slip out of my house and meet Salem at his backdoor. Sounds easy right? Besides the fact that I have two giant bodyguard brothers living under the same roof.

Forcing my doubt away and keeping a positive attitude I walk towards my house. I stop to notice that there's car outside my house. Must be the guys—Dane's friends not Salem's—over to give me a lecture too. I groan and walk up my porch bracing myself for what's to come.

When I finally get the door open, after struggling and hearing Salem's faint laughter behind me I stumble in to notice all the guys in the living room. Dane and Talus are sitting in the couches we brought with us. Sawyer is leaning against the entrance to the kitchen staring out the window next to the front door. I don't miss that Luca just popped his head over Sawyer's shoulder with pizza in his mouth. Sasha was standing close to the door and looks the most cheerful. Thank god.

"I promise I'll be the first one to call the cops after your dead," is the first thing Sasha says to me, then followed by a giant hug. I smack him on the back of the head a pull away.

"Your supposed to be my side kick, now your gonna let them out me 6ft under?" I joke back, but the words kinda sting my mouth as I say them. Joking about death is a light topic for me.

"Sorry, but you screwed up this time," was all Sasha said before going to take the seat Dane had just stood up from.

Talus gets up too, and now their both walking towards me. Slowly, their faces change from calm to angry. Like very angry. The type of angry I'm scared of. Dane doesn't dare to speak, probably not trusting his temper, but Talus is more than happy to start.

"You have no idea how much trouble you are in. I assure you, it's a lot," he says with his teeth slightly bared. I visibly gulp and back up to the door as they both surround me, towering over my small figure.

"Give me your phone," Dane finally says. I look at him like he just asked for an organ. No possible way I'm giving him my phone.

"Hell no," I retort back while straightening my posture. What the hell am I going? Being scared of my brothers. They can't lay a hand on me. I know they wouldn't even try. Then I remember something.

"Last time I checked I bought this phone, and paid it off for the next year. So it's my phone," I challenge them both with a smirk. I did that on purpose, paying off my phone. It was so they couldn't take it. I own the phone.

Talus curses under his breath while Dane just glares. I know what's coming next.

"If you won't give me your phone then your grounded. For a month," he stressed the last part just to irk a never. He's got to be kidding me.

"A month? What the hell did I even do? I didn't do shit and you know it," I spat at him. He has no right to demand things at me. Not after what he's said and done this past week.

"You didn't do anything?" He lets out a bitter laugh and continues, "let's make a list shall we? First, you disrespect me. Then you leave the house without permission. Add the fact that you left school with a stranger and didn't show up again until 1 o'clock in the morning. Let's not forget sneaking out this morning and letting that same stranger drive you to school."

I take a step towards him. Dane knows I'm not one to stay quiet. I got that from my mother. She was always a fighter. I was glad to get that from her.

"Stranger? He's one of my only friends, Dane. Why are you so set on making me hate the poor guy?" I practically scream at him. His eyes cloud over in anger and now he's the one taking steps forward. He backs me up until my back slammed against the door and he was in my face, rage in his eyes.