Chapter 2 • Nice to Meet You

•Rayan's POV•

I didn't sleep much, knowing today would be one hell of a challenge. I have barley been in public in the last 3 months.

I start my normal routine, getting up at 5:30. I take a shower, comb my hair and curl it, pick my outfit, and do my makeup. By the time I'm done all that, it's only 6:15, meaning I have 45 minutes to get to school. My brothers are still asleep, so I sit in my room checking my social media I haven't used in ages.

Since I would like to make a somewhat good impression I'm wearing a opened back-black blouse that ties around the neck. Since I know my brothers won't let me out the house like that I find my red and black button up, but keep it open to show the front. I put on some high wasted black skinny jeans (since the shirt is also cropped.)

I look around in my closet— I set it up last night— and find my cute pair of semi-rain boots. I put on a thin layer of makeup to match the slight sophistication and call it a day. Before I leave I look in the mirror to see how I look.

I'm a pretty average teenage girl you could say. Being at 5'4 is a disadvantage though. Everything girl wants to be the "short and attractive" one, whilst I would like to be the tall and beautifully graceful one.

Instead I'm short, and the most clumsiest person on earth. My hair is a dark brown, with ombré ends. I also have light freckles on my cheeks, which everyone just adores. I'm not some egotistical bitch, but I won't deny I was blessed with great genes. My eyes, also my favorite part of my body, are a icy blue. They can also change, going from light to dark contrasts. I frankly love them, always standing out no matter what.

Walking away from the mirror, I start to think about today. I can't deny that I'm very nervous, hopefully people would just leave me alone. I don't need to be the "new girl" that everyone wants to know. I don't want the jocks to see me as eye candy. I just wanna spend my 7 hours of torture in peace.

To avoiding overthinking to much, I head downstairs to just go for a simple walk. I go to the mini fridge and grab a water bottle. Something stops me in the process. I hadn't noticed there was a side door in the kitchen. My curiosity gets the better of me so I decide us it. I open the door with a loud creak, looks like it hasn't been open in awhile.

In our old house there were three main entires. Front door, porch window, and back door. Elyse and I would always use the porch window has our entry place. We used it our entire lives, since it was never locked. It was kind of like our thing that we did, the small but meaningful thing.

As I'm walking out the door I'm too busy with reminiscing that I miss a step, which sends me flying. I try to stop myself but it feels like forever before I hit the ground. Although it wasn't the ground I landed on, but something else. My eyes are still closed for I had closed them sometime between falling, so I don't know what I hit.

Opening my eyes I see I hit hard chest, and gripped by iron strong hands. It takes a minute to realize what just happened before I look up, standing in front of me still holding my arms is a tall muscular figure. It's a guy obviously, but he looks more like a man.

I take my time in watching him as he observes me as well. For some reasons I get a familiar vibe off this mystery boy, but I can't place where he's from.

He must be at least 6'2 since he towers over me. His shoulders are broad and straight. His posture is perfect, and his face...wow. His face is like a system of symmetry. His jaw line could just cut glass. His hair is a nice sandy brown, which really has me drooling.

My mouth is open as I take in all his glory. As I meet his eyes I take in a sharp breath. His eyes, they are like a chestnut with green speckles. I've never seen anything like them before. It's like I'm stuck in a moment that could make me stay here forever. At this point I don't care if I staring.