Chapter 30 • Emotions Pt.1

•Talus's POV•

There will always been three significant moments in my life. When I met Simone, when I learned half my family was dead, and when I lost Simone. For some reason those three will always stick with me forever.

The emotions from each situation are so strong that they'll never be forgotten.

It's like it was just yesterday that I met the love of my life. Most people don't believe in love at first sight, but I do. It happened to me.

I remember walking down the isle to the supermarket, picking up some tomatoes for my mom. As I'm walking I bump straight into someone, making her drop the glass bottle of sparkling water that was in her hands. We both had turned as red as the fruit I was looking for. I quickly helped her pick up the pieces, but it was no use. In the end I payed for what she had dropped.

We talked for some time in the store, but eventually she had to go. But before she did, she somehow slipped her number into my pocket. That's how it all began. Little did I know that she was the daughter of the man who lived in my nightmares. Every horrible thing I had heard he had done played a big part in the reasons I didn't sleep at night

My father was no angel, though. He did commit brutal crimes when he thought he needed to. It killed me to watch innocent people die, but what could I do?

The night I heard he was finally dead I felt a few emotions.

Sadness.

Confusion.

Relief.

Truly, I hated him for what he made his children become. A rebel, a depressed teen, and emotionless bastard. Then there's me, and I can't really explain what he made me. Mostly, he just made me tired.

When I found out my mother was dead, yes I was upset, yes I did cry, but I didn't feel much for her. She knew what was going on, yet she didn't stop any of it.

Elyse. My baby sister. Her death broke me the most. I never expected her to die, but does anyone? I don't think anyone anticipates the death of their sister. Her and I had always had a bond, while Dane and Rayan had one. Although, theirs deteriorated throughout the years. He grew apart from everyone.

All Dane cares about it the power, the hierarchy of who he is. Yes, he loves Rayan, but he still would never give up this life for her. That's how sick he really is.

Nobody knows his true weakness but my father, my mother, and me. Dane was diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder when he was eight. In other terms, he doesn't know how to show his emotions, but when he does, it's usually anger.

Even though it's hardly noticeable, I think Dane loves Rayan the most. She knows how to bring the good out in him. They always had something that was indescribable. But after Dane became the official Chief of Flames, everything changed.

It changed Rayan the most, even though she didn't even know theses gangs existed at the time. She relied on Dane as her big brother, and he let her down.

After our parents died, she was forced to go into the system for a month. Normally, she could of stayed with one of us since we were both adults, but Dane had other plans.

He sent her into the system so he would have time to get everything in order. He threatened to kill me if I tried to fight for custody, and I know he would. After that, I grew to hate my brother, silently. I would never speak anything of this to his face simply for the fact that he wouldn't care.

When the time came for Rayan's official adoption to be in our custody, I fought. I didn't want Rayan near any of this. He threatened to kill me, and I was prepared to die, but not without a fight. In the end, she chose Dane, but I know why. She didn't want his wrath to be unleashed on me if she did choose me.

I refused to leave the house while Rayan was still a minor so that's why I'm here. Living with my emotionless brother and broken sister.

I'm at least I have one good thing back in my life. Simone.

After so much pain we causes each other, we can finally be together without Nazario trying to interfere.

"Are you listening to me?"

I bring myself from my deep thoughts an look at Dane who is driving the car to the airport. Sawyer and Luca are in the back, while Sasha had to resort to the back of the truck, hidden by an old tarp.

"What?" I ask in a bored tone. His authority doesn't both me anymore, I've grown from being scared of him, to loathing him.

"Once we get to New Mexico, I want you and Sawyer to take all the bags to the room and make a call to Jay, telling him we're here. The rest of us are going to grab some guns from the underground cellar."

Jay, the man we're collecting for, is going to be pissed. We weren't supposed to be here for another week, but Dane needed a break from Rayan and Salem's growing relationship. Is he that naïve? He honestly thinks that their relationship isn't going to progress while we're gone?

Meanwhile | Salem
"You can't get too attached, Salem, what if something happens to you?" Simone says in her normal calm tone. I was to just scream at her to leave me alone, but I know she's doing this because she cares.

"If it comes down to it, I'll drop everything. I'll leave, taking her with me," I say with conviction.

"So, if you had to choose between Spade of Nightmares, and Rayan, what would your choice be?"

"Rayan, she's the only thing that matters," I answer instantly.

That's the truth. She means the absolute world to me. I'd give up all this for her in a heart beat.

____________________
Hey guys! Just wanted to throw in a chapter here so I can get it in before school:)

This is Part 1 of chapter 30. Part 2 will be added soon (sometime today)

"•Talus's POV•" WWWHHHAAAAATTTTT? Yes, that's right, my baby Talus got his moment to shine.

I'm sorry the chapter is short, just wanted to split it up, BUT there's another surprise next chappie too

Please don't be a silent reader, comment & vote:)

Have a great day:)