.part forty four.

The room was dead silent, the sound of a pin drop would be heard. They were all staring at me with blank expressions, none of them believed that I would go to the hearing with such little notice to mentally prepare for it. Especially Will, who had the most unreadable expression of them all, a strange mixture of confusion, shock and surprise. His mouth hung open wide like a fish, his eyes were blown wide and his breathing was short and shallow.

"Keira- You don't have to do this, we can go on behalf if you'd like-"

I was quick to cut off Wills sentence, although the last months haven't been a good representation of it, I'm stronger than they all think I am, and I know that I have to be at this hearing and say my own story for justice to be served properly and that in itself was enough to convince me that I had to go.

"Will, as much as I appreciate your concern, please stop undermining me and my decisions just because I'm your weak little sister. I'm going to the hearing and none of you, even Simon and Will, will be able to stop me."

The room feel into silence again, but instead it was Simon that broke the silence by letting out a loud sigh and swinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Just as stubborn and strong as I remember huh?"

The group let out a small giggle at the remark before they all excused themselves to their respective rooms, which left only Will, Simon and I in the living room.

"I'll text you on the details of the hearing, I'll come and pick you up next Monday and take you to the court"

Will stands up and gives me a quick hug before, just like the rest of the group, leaving the living room and heading back home to his flat across town, most likely to process everything that has happened over the last few days. Now it was just Simon and I in the room, which was even more silent than it had been before, with only the faint sounds of your breaths being heard in the room.

"I want to come to the hearing too"

It's me that's sighing this time, turning to Simon and reaching up to cup his cheek with the palm of my hand, gently stroking it as I look at him.

"I don't want you to have to listen to what he did again, even I don't want to say what he did to me again but I need to do this for him to face proper justice. If you come, please, could you sit outside the court room and just be ready to give me hugs?"

Simon stays quiet for a while, just holding my hand and leaning on my shoulder, listening to my heartbeat within my chest, a comforting sign that reminded him that I was here again, not across the country but back in London, in his arms.

"Okay. I'll sit outside with outstretched and awaiting arms but if you ever change your mind throughout the week just let me know and I'll be happy to come in and support you if you need it."

I smile in reassurance of his sentence. It's always nice knowing that someone has your back, even after everything you've done to them. I eventually let go of his hand to stand up off of the couch and head up toward his bedroom, where the end goal was to sleep. I wanted nothing more than to change into one of Simon's t-shirts and climb under the covers and cuddle until I fall asleep in the warmth of his embrace.  His room smelled like stale air when I first opened the double doors and walked in, with a faint scent of cologne that was most likely applied by Simon before he left for his parents house all that time ago. A quick search through his mainly empty closet was all that was needed before I found one of the few shirts that was actually left behind, but happened to be the t-shirt I wanted. Quickly pulling it over my head I jumped into the bed and buried myself under the layers of duvets and blankets I had piled on the bed the last time I was within it. Soon, after I had been laying within the bed for what was probably half a minute but felt like half an hour, Simon enters the room.

"What took ya so long? I've been here for hours waiting for you to get your lanky ass in here and cuddle me"

simon's pov

I enter my bedroom and happily watch as Keira opens her arms and makes grabby hands for me to come and join her in the bed, which I oblige as quickly as my legs could take me across the room from my door to the bed. I missed this as much as she had, sleeping in my bed with Keira in my arms as we both feel our chests rise and fall, soft snores fill the silent air as we sleep. I gently begin to play with her long brown locks until I can tell she is asleep, because I know that its one of the things that almost always makes her fall asleep.

Cuddling like this was something I wanted, scratch that, needed in my life. Much like the cuddling, Keira was something I needed in my life and these last few months have only proved this. Being away from her for so long hurt my heart and mind in a way I didn't even think my singleness would ever feel. So who knows, maybe the ring in the blue velvety box that I bought and placed under my bed just before we left for L.A all those months ago will be getting used soon?

a/n

I didn't spell/grammar check that as well as I should've so sorry for any mistakes. This story is gonna end v v v v soon, however I already have an idea for a small epilogue (1 or 2 parts) for the end of the story just for a nice final conclusion, do you want it to have a happy epilogue or sad epilogue, comment whichever one you prefer.

Anyway, thanks again for sticking with me and this story <3 L.C