.part twenty.

I wake up and look over to my left, expecting to see Simon, but all I'm met with is empty sheets. I sit up and look around the room. He wasn't at his desk, he wasn't in his bathroom and he wasn't on his couch, so I supposed he was downstairs getting breakfast. I stretch my arms up above my heads before stepping out of my warm duvet cocoon and walk downstairs towards the kitchen. The house was almost eerily quiet, everyone still out at the festival and Vikk was probably asleep. I walk into the kitchen and am met with it being empty. No trace of anyone being in here recently.

"Simon!"

I call out for him, may be he was just fixing something in another room? I look around all of the rooms around the bottom story. The laundry, the living room, I even check in the back yard. I eventually give up looking and head back upstairs to flop back onto Simon's bed. I pull out my phone and check my texts. I only had one, from Will.

W: I hope the otters were nice, see you on Thursday

K: Ok then, see you then.

I hear someone pull in the driveway, I quickly head downstairs to the front door. Maybe the guys had come back from the festival early. I hear someone unlocking the door and see Simon walk in with two bags of groceries.

"Hey there gorgeous"

He places the bags on the counter before walking over to me, leaning against the door frame between the kitchen and the living room, hands on my hips. He snakes his arms around my waist before squeezing me into a hug, his head resting atop of mine. I rest my head lazily against him, feeling tired from searching for Simon throughout the house.

"Sorry for leaving you, we needed milk"

He lets go of me and heads back into the kitchen to unpack all of the food. I walk over to, to help him. We work together in silence unpacking both bags quite quickly until we were done.

"I should get going, I need to pack for the trip and tidy up the flat, It's a pig sty at the moment"

I quickly run back upstairs to grab all of my stuff. I jump up the spiral staircase, two steps at a time and head into Simon's room to grab my shoes and wallet. I hear him come into the room behind me and walk over to his desk.

"Well, I have to start recording and editing, I'll pick you up on Saturday, ok?"

He looks up at me from his desk, I just nod ad walk over and give him a hug.

"I'll see you Saturday then"

"Ok then, see ya later gorgeous"

I quickly give him a kiss before leaving his room and heading back downstairs to the driveway. I walk through kitchen and notice that Vikk was sitting alone at the counter, looking sad and tired while lazily eating a bowl of cereal.

"Vikk, you ok?"

He looks up at me and fakes a smile.

"Yeah fine"

I could tell he was lying. The tone of his voice. His goal expression. The sad look in his eyes.

"No seriously what's wrong"

I walk over and sit down next to him, completely forgetting that I needed to get home. I look over at his dead expression. The bags under his eyes were a very dark purple and were extremely large.

"Um, well I was seeing a girl for a bit, I didn't really want to tell anyone but recently she-- she, um--"

He rests his head into his hands and takes a deep breath in and out. I sit there silently letting him tell his time.