.part fourty.

We left Simon's parents house in Berkhamsted at midnight, making sure to leave a note for them on the fridge in the kitchen to inform them where we were going. The road trip itself however consisted of blaring music throughout the car and screaming along to the lyrics until our voices were hoarse and we were both in hysterics. Stopping for McDonalds at 2am and making Simon suffer as I happily ate my burger as he ate his salad and the best bit of the trip, well for Simon anyway, putting the car into auto pilot then taking his hands off the wheel and making me scream because I thought we were going to swerve off of the Motorway.

Eventually we arrived at Whitley and at my parents house, both of us exhausted at this point.

"Ok, game plan. We're going to sneak onto the property and knock on Will's window. JJ should be in there with him, and then Freya will be in the room next door and then..."

"Um, can't we just knock on the door? Does this really have to be a mission. I know its 5am and they won't appreciate us waking them all up but they'll appreciate the fact that you're alive and well."

"Well.... I don't want to see my parents."

"But didn't you text Will you were going home to see your parents? And that you wanted to be with them here in Whitley rather than staying in London"

I looked up at Simon who was now patiently waiting for an answer to the question in the drivers seat of the car.

"Look, I can explain everything at a later date but right now I just want to get home to London and see everyone. So can we please pretend that we are in Kim Possible and sneak inside the house without alerting the dogs or my parents. ok?"

A smile grew on his face right before he leaned over and gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"A good luck charm"

He said sarcastically before opening up his door and heading out into the cold air that shrouded Whitley. I followed suit, opening up my door and joining him at the front gate of the house. I pressed my finger to my lips, telling him to be silent before slowly opening up the metal gate and sneaking across the garden to Will's bedroom window, making sure not to trip over anything in the dark.

After fumbling through the dark we managed to find, what I was 99% certain was Will's bedroom window. I quickly tapped on the window, and stood back waiting for someone to come and open up the curtains. No response. I tapped again and waited and once again no response.

Simon leaned over toward me and as silently as he possibly could whispered in my ear,

"I'll text JJ, even though he's asleep he's bound to have notifications on for me. I haven't messaged him in weeks and he'll be waiting for me to message him."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened up his messages, then clicked on JJ's contact.

S: Look out the window and be quiet.

Sure enough in a matter of minutes a light turned on and the curtains opened. JJ was stood there without a top on, with bed hair and almost in tears from seeing his best friend alive. I gestured for him to open the window and he did. With help from JJ, we both were eventually stood in the warmth of Will's bedroom, being squeezed in the tightest hug from JJ, who was no trying not be loud while sobbing.

I wiggled out of the hug and went over to wake up Will, who was still oblivious to the fact that I, his "missing" sister was literally right next to him. I shoved his shoulder and he stirred and opened up his eyes, squinting at the bright light that was above is bed. He then looked over at me, the person who had just shoved him awake, his jaw dropped and his eyes widened in his half asleep state. I very quickly gestured for him to be quiet to ensure our parents didn't stir from there sleep.

TBC