Chapter Thirty-Two - Well That Escalated Quickly

[A/N] - Q_____Q The last chapter... Enjoy... Q~Q

T_______T

                                         ~ Chapter Thirty-Two - Well That Escalated Quickly ~

   The slow music began to play. I gulped, scanning the crowd for Vincent. When I found him, his eyes were glued on mine, a small reassuring smile plastered on his face. He looked absolutely delicious in a black tuxedo, his hair slicked back and a white rose pinned on his top. I blushed when I realized that was the same one he wore when he took my virginity.

"Go!" hissed Jazzy.

   I snapped back to reality and quickly hurried, swaying in sync with everyone. Once we entered the aisles, we stood facing the stage.

"Good morning, Lakewood staff, guardians, and seniors!"

   Everyone began to cheer as the principal, Mr. Chavez, began his formal introductions.

"I hope everyone here is having a wonderful time. I am proud to have a wonderful bunch of seniors, but also sad that I probably won't see most of you again. When I was a little boy in Mexico..."

  Everyone groaned and he had his knowing smile on his face.

"The story's not that bad." he grinned, laughing as more of us groaned. "Fine, I won't tell the story, haters, but let's get on with the Star Spangled Banner!"

   A boy and a girl, who I think were Clement and Kary, walked up to the stage. They began to sing, following by everyone else. They sang in sync, their voices echoing throughout the auditorium. When they were done, everyone cheered and clapped. After that, Mr. Chavez began telling stories of the students and honorable comments. Finally, he came upon the awards.

"Many students did well throughout the school year." said Mr. Chavez proudly, "Here are some of the people who earned some of these awards. Mr. Maxwell, will you please do the honor of saying their names and giving them their award?"

   I looked over at Vincent, shock on his face. He blinked and nodded, getting up from his chair in the crowd and jogging to the stage. Some girls giggled and cheered. Mr. Chavez gave him with mic and an envelope.

"I feel like I'm hosting the Oscars." said Vincent, his voice stuttering a little.

   People chuckled and he smiled.

"Okay then, uh, first subject is, uh, Art!"

   Everyone clapped and he nodded,

"These two awards go out to the most artistic and creative people in our school. They did well and deserve a lot more than these."

   Silence met my ears. I looked around to see people interested sitting up in their seats. Opening the envelope, Vincent nodded.

"Angelicia Anderson and Guadalupe Malagon!"

   Many people began to clap as they got up from their seats, shock clearly written on their faces and accepted the award. After exchanging a few words with the teachers on stage and Mr. Chavez, they sat down.

"Alright, next awards is for the mathletes out there! You guys rock!" said Vincent with a smile, "Alright, these two awards go out to..."

   Vincent raised an eyebrow and looked straight at me, a smirk on his face. Some people followed his gaze and stared at me.