Chapter Eight - His Angel, Her Savior

[A/N] - The song over there ----> is what Azura and Vincent sang before derp a herp happened. Not that derp a herp you pervs! Enjoy <3 Also, this one's for you, Sam! ^_^

   I didn't know myself. I couldn't tell who I was anymore. My fist flew right into his jaw. My knee collided with his stomach as we fell to the floor. I repeatedly punched his face as I yelled curses at him.

"You should be ashamed of yourself!" I yelled punching him in his nose. "Abusing your daughter and your wife?! WHAT KIND OF FATHER AND HUSBAND ARE YOU?!"

   He opened his mouth and tried to speak as I raised my fist one more time.

"I'm not her father." he said struggling.

   I looked behind me to see Azura's mother tense and Azura crying.

”What do you mean you aren't her father?" I questioned my eyes narrowing. "Are you disowning her?!"

"No." he replied coughing blood. "Anne cheated on me.. with my twin."

    The tension in the air was tight as I looked back at Azura's mother... or shall I say, Anne. Her mouth formed a perfect 'O' as I looked in front of me.

"I-I was drunk and couldn't tell the difference between you two!"

"So just because... Azura isn't your daughter, you abused her..."

"I told Anne that if the child is born, either she leaves with her and live with the baby's father, or stay with me while I abuse them both."

"...and she c-"

"Yes."

   I heard footsteps running as I looked back to see Azura gone. I ran to the back door to see her running down the street. I began to go after her. My heart felt like it was torn out of my chest as I finally grabbed her. She resisted my tug and eventually fell to the floor crying. I pulled her close and embraced her.

"Azura..." I said wiping her tears.

"Everything! EVERYTHING! She was drunk! SHE COULDN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE?!"  she yelled.

   I felt the sadness and hatred in her voice as she clutched me tightly.

"Every. F**king thing! EVERYTHING WA S A LIE! MY MOTHER, MY 'FATHER,' EVERYTHING! I took every single hit for my mother! I defended her, made sure she wouldn't get hurt! No, NO! Instead all that was for NO REASON!  I-"

"AZURA!" I yelled and looked intensely into her puffy eyes.

"Y-you're so... beautiful... a-and I wanted to tell you... that I love you."

  Her eyes widened as she froze in place. Her eyes squinted as more tears came rolling down her cheeks.

"No, I mean, y-you are beautiful a-and I-I love you, but please don't cry! Please! I-I know this wasn't the best time to s-say it and I j-"

    She took a step back as her head was bowed. My fingers touched my lips as the warmth from hers left them.

"Thank you... Vincent." she said sniffing. "I... y-you... I understand. The situation I've just been through..." she said as more tears welled, "is better... because you showed up. I-I appreciate you..."

    I embraced her once more as I took my hand in hers. I led her to my house where we went to my room.

"Are you tired?"

 "Very." she said sadly.

  I handed her one of my shirts and boxer. She went to the bathroom to take a shower as I decided not to. So all this time, she was nothing but a kid that grew up in a world that wasn't meant for her. I mean, I'm glad her mother cheated to get her, but then again, the fact that her mother cheated is just... that's just unfaithful.  I took my clothes off and left only my boxers on. Maybe I'm going too fast with Azura. I don't know why, but it just came out of my mouth... and she accepted it. I wonder if Azura and I would be able to go further one day? As soon as she graduates, we could actually become an official couple? I yawned and climbed into bed. I'm willing to become a father to our children, if we have children. I wouldn't mind having a Jaden or Roselle. I then jumped as I heard Azura's cries.