Chapter Twenty Three - So Who's REALLY Selfish Now?

~ Chapter Three - So Who's REALLY Selfish Now? ~

Vincent

    The cold glass in my hand had a liquid that I desperately craved. Wiping the stray sweat, I took a sip. My throat burned as I lowly moaned, missing the burning sensation it gave. The last time I had something to... well, drink, was when Katie cheated on me. I smiled, shaking my head and thinking about all of the women that played me. I thought about how oblivious I was, how I never noticed these women slowly trying to get to me. Only one never used me though, and her name's Azura Elizabeth Valentine. I never completely understood her though, I mean, a woman's mind is quite complicated. Azura is someone who is beautiful, all in mind, body and soul. She stole my heart and never gave it back. Of course I would later on encounter my exes.

    Little did I know that everything would backfire. I didn't expect so much of them to come at once, making Azura slowly lose trust in me. I sighed, taking another sip of my Blanco Tequila. I can't blame her though. I saw how they looked at her with their envious eyes and slipping their jealous gestures every now and then. I'm scared to face Azura because she might break up with me. I'm pathetic, a pathetic loser who fell in love with his student. I still don't know why I'm in love with her so, yet, I feel like I owe her everything-- my life, my heart, the world. She deserves everything. All of the things she went through, and then I witnessed a situation, I can't blame her.

    Look at me, I probably look like a man who lived on the streets for years. I'm here in my basement bar that I never used in a while. I hear footsteps, most likely meaning Azura's up. I glance at the time, realizing it's only 4 in the morning. What would Azura be doing up? I groggily put the glass down but glance at it. Azura doesn't love me, I don't deserve her love. I cringe at myself in disgust and sit back down, downing everything in a gulp. I let out a forced gasp, clutching my throat. I drop to the floor, groaning in pain as the liquids burned my throat and then my stomach. I angrily picked up the glass and threw it across the room, finding satisfaction when it broke into tiny pieces.

"****!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

   I groggily make my way over to the stairs, falling over three times in the process. It took me over ten minutes, I think, to walk up the stairs. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. Holy crap, it's almost 5 AM! I push the door open and trip over nothing. I crash to the floor, hitting my chin on it. Hissing, I crawl myself the living room and began to feel dizzy. I feel something in the pit of my stomach and begin to feel the irony of the situation. Everywhere around me begins to sway as I lay up right. I can feel the contents in my throat as I let it out and know I'll regret this in the morning. Well, it is morning... Ha... ha... Black dots start to cover my vision as I groan and pass out.

.

   My body jolts upright as I gasp for breath and look around me. I wipe the sweat off of my face and realize I'm in my room. What the hell happened? I thought about it for a while and groaned when my head throbbed. I slowly got out of bed and found myself having a hard time walking. I squinted my eyes and began to think harder. Really, what the hell happened? I was finally at the door and still I couldn't remember crap!  As my hand reached for the knob, the door jolted open, pushing me to the ground. I groaned in pain and clutched my hand. Memories of last night, well this morning, filled my head as my temples throbbed.