Chapter Twenty Five - Desperate Attempts

[A/N] - Wow, I'm on a roll! Woohoo, maybe I could update EVERYDAY now that I'm very far from a writer's block. Comment! I love reading them. Vote! I love seeing them. Read! Oh wait xP Fan? I have 185 of 'em and I love them all, want to join :D?

                             ~ Chapter Twenty Five - Desperate Attempts ~

Azura

"And welcome to my house." said Zachary opening the front door.

  On the outside, his house was a pale green color, but on the inside, it felt and looked as if you could get easily accustomed to it. It had a very homey feeling-- something I only felt once.

"There's only two bedrooms though. I have my own and my parents share a room. If you want, we could share a room or I could sleep on the couch."

"Such a gentleman." I said smiling at him, "But we could share a room. It would be rude for me to make you sleep on the couch."

"Not at all."

   He closed the door and led me to his living room. There was a cozy fireplace and above it was what looked like a family portrait. Wow... his family looks a lot like... a family. I suddenly felt sad but shrugged it off.

"Who's the girl next to you?" I said pointing to the picture.

"My adopted sister." said Zac smiling up at it, "She's such an idiot though, I'm still sad she went off to college."

"Oh, which one?"

"Eh, Illinois University but it's not bad." he said looking back at me, "Oh, and of course the two others are my mom and dad. They're at work right now though."

"Do they mind... well... me staying for a little while?"

"I doubt it. You kind of remind me of my sister, kind of."

   I raised an eyebrow at him with a sly smirk on my face.

"Remind you of your sister? Kind of? Did you have a thing for her?"

"No, of course not." he said rolling his eyes, "But being around you kind of reminded me of her. I guess I got attracted."

   I nodded and we sat there in a comfortable silence.

"Are you hungry, thirsty? Want a tour of the house?"

"Is all of the above an option?"

   He let out a low laugh and nodded.

"Sure, let's go to the kitchen first."

   I followed him to the end of the hallway. His regular kitchen appliances weren't all stainless steel like Vincent's, but it was what an average house would have.

"Who designs your home?" I asked curiously.

"My father."

"Your father? I honestly expected your mother."

"Nope,  my mom isn't one for designing. My dad wants everything to be comfortable so he designs in that way."

"I see, your father has good taste."

"Oh, you like my house? I didn't even show you the rest."

"Go ahead."

"Alright, let me just take some food out of the fridge and warm it up for you, okay?"

"Okay." I replied.

   After about a minute of dishing out the food and putting it in the microwave, Zac told me to follow him for the rest of the tour. He opened a small door near the kitchen and yawned,