Chapter Twenty Eight - Reasons

[A/N] - Yeah, writing this chapter was hard for me. I'm sorry for how long it took, but you'll understand in the next chapter. Thank you all for waiting so long for this upload! You guys mean so much to me <3. I love you all! Enjoy the chapter xoxo.

                                       ~ Chapter Twenty Eight - Reasons ~

Azura

   My eyes slowly opened. I stared at the pale pink ceiling. Blinking twice, I looked next to me. A full head of chestnut hair was laid against the side of the bed. The head slowly rose. I panicked and looked straight, closing my eyes. A yawn met my ears, following a sigh.

"Still not up..."

   My heart leaped at the sound of Vincent's voice. It sounded tired and stressed. I knew that if I didn't open my eyes, Vincent will stay here until they open. No, I shouldn't be thinking that. I have to break up with him. I can't hurt him anymore. I know if I break up with him, he'll live a better life. Drama-free, away from me, a better life. I inwardly sighed and opened my eyes again. I looked over to my right again to see Vincent's blue-grey eyes staring back at mine. I felt guilty. Not only did his voice sound stressed and tired, but so did he. His eyes held sadness that was so painful that I couldn't describe it...

"Azura..." he whispered.

    The whites of his eyes slowly turned pink and he looked down.

"I looked everywhere for you... I-I was so worried!" he said sounding desperate and slightly raising his voice.

    His eyes stared back at me, guilty slapping me in the face. 

"You worried me so much... I thought something happened to you... I didn't know what to do with myself... I couldn't teach right, my mind was jumbled up with the bad things that could've happened to you."

"Vinc-"

"I couldn't sleep right. Actually... I never slept last night. I felt so defeated when you never entered my classroom. To pass your desk... and not see your beautiful face scared me!" he cried, "I was so confused, I never knew how much you affected me until I lost you. You never came home... That alone didn't make me sleep. I left my house that night and took a walk. I came home about three hours later, hoping you'd be on the couch to welcome me, but you weren't."

   I fought back the tears and looked up. On top of that, I felt even more guilty.

"Are you hungry?" Vincent asked me, worry laced in his voice.

   I weakly shook my head.

"Please." whispered Vincent, "It's been two days. Just... eat..."

   Sighing, I nodded and he went to his side. I heard the sound of a plastic bag as I  eyed the foam plate he pulled out. When he opened it, the smell of Jamaican jerk pork with rice and peas hit my nose. 

"I went two towns over for this..." he mumbled, opening the plate.

   He used the plastic fork to mix up the food. He then looked up me and gave me a small reassuring smile. Picking up the fork, he began to feed me. After it was done, my mouth was on fire from the peppers. He handed me a bottle of water and I gulped it down.

"Thank you." I said wiping my sweat.

"That pepper was really hot, wasn't it?"

"Yeah." I said nodding.

   A comfortable silence hit us and then I remembered that I was suppose to break up with him. How could someone break up with Vincent? I mean, we have our ups and down... but I love him. I can't see myself living without Vincent. I don't want to hurt him, and I know that staying with him will hurt him the most. Our relationship will escalate into something negative. By the way he screams at me now, I could see him possibly hitting me. And of course if he hits me, he'll never forgive himself. A depressing sigh left my mouth and I looked up.