Chapter Twenty Seven - I'm Sorry

~ Chapter Twenty Seven - I'm Sorry ~

Zac

    I stared at her sleeping figure, blaming myself for what happened a few hours ago. My mother and father sat next to me, each putting a hand on mine.

"I'm okay, we weren't in a relationship or anything like that..." I mumbled.

"It's alright son." said Dad frowning, "She'll be fine."

"Of course... but it's my fault. I mean, I'm still slightly drunk... SLIGHTLY, but look at her. She's in her hospital bed. Why? Because I wanted to make her drink."

"Well she had fun, didn't she?" said Dad.

"This is why I didn't want them to drink." said Mom aggravated, "You know how our family is!"

"But Azura isn't even related to us." I cried, "Mom, you aren't making the situation any better!"

"Could you guys stop blabbering your mouths?" said Terrell rolling his eyes.

    We all sighed and laid back in our chairs. After a while, Mom and Dad decided to leave.

"Call us, we'll pick you up."

"Alright." I responded.

    I stared at Terrell, his eyes avoiding my gaze.

"What really happened in the bathroom?"

    Terrell looked at me, his lips in a straight line.

"Did I not tell you already?" he said scowling, "I followed her into the bathroom after we danced. She was crying and then she collapsed."

"I believe you... but I don't want to." I said narrowing my eyes.

"Dude, cut the crap." snapped Terrell.

   Suddenly, we heard a groan. Both of our heads snapped towards Azura and her eyes meekly opened.

"Mmm... W..ater...."

"Go get her water!" I shouted.

"Don't shout at me, asshole!"

   Terrell went into the lobby and got water, quickly rushing back and handing it to me. Azura slowly sat up, blinking a couple of times. When she noticed who I was, she frowned and looked down.

"He doesn't know, Azura." I said handing her the cup.

     She slowly drank it and her eyes gazed over to Terrell.

"Thank you." she choked out, still drinking water.

   He nodded and glanced at me, rolling his eyes and looking back at Azura.

"How long will I be here?"

"About two days." I replied, "You... drank too much..."

   Azura put the cup down, her lips turning upward.

"I had fun." she said nodding, "The last time I had that much fun... was the first time I was drunk."

"Azura, don't talk too much." I said getting  a bit worried.

"No, no. It's fine." she said waving me off, "I feel good. It's crazy though... I mean, next week's no school. Wow, we have a week off... I'm so excited."