Chapter 73

I was surrounded by rings of light. The light was part of me. All around was a multitudinous shade of brilliance. I could feel the incredible serenity and bliss everywhere, but I could not measure or comprehend the depth and the extent of this state of being.

I had no body, no name, nor did I feel like a human. It seemed as though I was made only of tiny particles floating in space. Yet I was conscious. This was strange but familiar. In front of me was a glowing ocean, stirring in the deep darkness beyond the stars.

In the midst of the luminous ocean was an enormous serpent. The head was taller than any mountains. The body was vast like the sea. Resting majestically on the serpent's recoiled body was a man and a woman. The two beings bore indescribable beauty. They were all ornamented by heavenly jewels and celestial garments.

Their glorious presence could not be perceived by an ordinariness of the human mind. Not even imagination could fathom the words or thoughts to describe these ultimate beings.

My formless existence began to vibrate with a strange surge of energy.

The man sat up gracefully and opened his palm towards me.

A force drew me to him. I glided through the inconceivable infinity and settled before the great mystery. I felt too small in comparison even to the man's fingers. His skin seemed to change colors, going from the divine blue like water-filled clouds to the brilliant light green of smooth jade. His eyes gleamed with colors that did not exist in the spectrum of the material world. They were also terrifying, more brilliant than the sun and the moon.

No languages nor logics could define what I was seeing.

Looking deep into his eyes, I believed I had glimpsed the truth of existence. The truth that extended past the oscillating world of pleasure and suffering.

"Who are you?" I asked, or rather I thought.

He smiled a golden blissful smile. It filled my entirety with love. This kind of love was different from any earthly love I had experienced. It was divine, phenomenal, and pure. I never knew such a feeling even existed in the known universe.

Greeting, brave one.

I heard him speak, but I did not see his lips move. It was like hearing my own thought.

The serpent got larger and taller behind him. The hood was open with innumerable heads, constantly singing the praising hymns of glories from all its mouths.

All of a sudden, overwhelming knowledge of a thousand eons entered me. I knew now that the numerous-headed serpent was Ananta, the first Naga, and the king of all serpent deities. I knew now when the serpent uncoiled, time would move forward and creation would take place. When he coiled back, the universe would cease to exist.

The blue man held various things in all his four arms, a lotus flower, a mace, a conch, and a spinning discus with serrated edges. There was only one god which such an otherworldly appearance.

"Vishnu?"

I wanted to ask a million things, but it was hard to focus on thoughts that were passing through me like rushing currents. The woman sitting beside the man turned to me with eyes of soothing kindness - the kindness of a mother.

I looked at the brilliant blue-skinned man.

"You are Vishnu, Protector of the Cosmic Orders," I breathed in awe. "You're the Supreme God everyone keeps talking about?"

Indeed, I am. I am the judge, jury, and executioner. I am the creator of your formless reality. I am your future, present, and past. You are my instrument, and I am the musician.