Chapter 27

The very first day I arrived at this seeming paradise world, the Hora already handed me a chilling prophecy that scared me half to death.

Now, I had a feeling that this 'unforgiving fate' was most likely meant for me, too.

Oh well, and let us not forget about the Cycle of Rebirth, which I was sure had something to do with my mother and Queen Jayarajadevi.

The concept of reincarnation had never crossed my mind until now. Perhaps, I was too scared to believe that it was all true, and everything was preordained before I even came into existence.

If it was so, there was nothing I could do. I felt trapped and helpless.

Heaving a sigh, I turned to Amarisa again. She was staring at me as if she was trying to read my mind. But when our eyes met, I realized that whatever happens to me would still be worth it as long as I could see that sweet comely face every day. The thought comforted me like a balm. As our shoulders brushed, the familiar yearning began to rise from the depth of my stomach again.

I marveled at the glow of her skin and the color of her luscious lips. I tried to curb my craving for the princess, but everything about this woman just enslaved my heart. No girls I had been with had this much effect on me.

Amarisa's cheeks reddened under my intense gaze.

"I must go now," she said and began to get up but I caught her by the hand.

"No please, not yet," I said. "I still want you to stay and chat some more."

The lovely princess scowled back in irritation.

"There's nothing else to talk with you about. Let me go!" she said.

"Of course, there is a lot," I said. "You may stay the night if you wish."

"I have no such wish, and you must stop this indecency," she retorted.

"Well then at least, give me a goodnight kiss," I said with a smile.

Amarisa looked at me like I was crazy, and with both hands, she shoved me away. I almost toppled over, but when she rose from her seat, I grabbed her by her dainty waist and pulled her back. Amarisa's lithe form landed onto my lap. She gasped in disbelief. My eyes gave a quick glance around the room. Seeing that all the doors and windows of the chamber were well-shut and no sight of the unwanted four-legged company, I quickly wrapped my possessive arms around her. The princess turned half way to give me a burning glare. Her blushed face was inches beneath mine.

She was too adorable. I tightened my grip around her and looked deep into her eyes.

"Nikita, what on earth are you doing?!" Amarisa hissed at me. "I order you to let me go immediately!"

"I can't," I said.

"What do you mean you can't?" she snapped, trying to untangle my arms. "I have never seen anyone so disrespectful like you!"

"I'm not disrespectful, Your Highness, I'm just afraid that if I let you slip away, I may die from a great parching despair."

"I've never heard anything this stupid!"

"Is that so?" I said.

And out of naughtiness, I joined our lips, making her body freeze. I wondered if she could hear the tormented sound of my pounding heart. The sensation from the touch of her skin raged through every nerve in my body, and I could barely catch my breath.

Amarisa whimpered when my tongue filled her mouth. I kissed her with all my desperate needs. In that moment, I didn't care about any stupid prophecy or my doomed fate.