Chapter 34

A swoon of happiness rushed through me like a gentle wave from the sea. Now Amarisa was in my arms like a vivid dream that came true at last.

She lifted her face to look at me again. Her eyes softened and were slightly misty. Her shivering body had melted into mine after the heartfelt confession. It was as if the princess had been holding the weight of her secret far too long. It drained her resolve just to admit her love for me. I leaned in for another kiss, but the princess recoiled and backed away.

"You must go," Amarisa said. "It's late and you have things to do tomorrow."

I was saddened by the thought of leaving her again, but we both knew we could not stay together for long.

I planted my flirtatious lips on the crook of her swan-like neck. She sighed.

Before Amarisa could say anything, I wrapped my mouth around her delicious lips. She instinctively moaned in her throat, which delighted me even more. We kissed, and it was the most delicious kiss I'd ever had. As our lips and tongues cuddled each other, my impatient hands caressed her elegant body, feeling my way over her soft body.

"No, Nikita, we can't linger. You must go," Amarisa murmured and tried to pull away, but I nibbled on her supple lips again.

"I don't think I could make myself leave," I whispered.

"I will see you again when occasions arise."

At last, we pulled away. Under my intense craving gaze, Amarisa hid her shy sparkling eyes under those long curved lashes.

"But I don't want to leave you," I said. "I want to taste your skin. I want to fall asleep with your heartbeat in my ear and wake up to the sight of your face."

"You know full well you have possessed the entirety of my heart, Nikita, but we can't stay here or we might risk being discovered," she said, pushing me away.

I blinked. Dejected, my arms loosened around Amarisa. Surprisingly, the beautiful princess herself gripped my waist and pulled me back to her like she didn't want our bodies to part. Her lips found mine in a kiss again. My heart almost exploded. Joy flooded like an overflowing river through my veins for it was the first time she acted on her true feelings.

I slipped my velvety tongue into her willing mouth, savoring her taste with a growing hunger. Her breathing changed as our heated kiss continued with the silken feeling of our braided tongues.

After a long while, we unlocked our mouths for the needed air.

"Our time together shall come so long as I am sure that your love for me is unwavering," she said.

I wanted to tell her that she needed not worry. My love for her was deeper than the ocean and stronger than the winds. Yet I must give the princess time as she so wished.

"What do you want me to do to prove that?"

Amarisa's brows furrowed as if to think.

"What would people in your world do after they confess their love?" she asked. My eyebrows raised at her question then a mischievous grin spread on my lips.

"Well, they usually make love as we shall, too," I said with a grin.

"But you're living in my world now," she said to my total dismay. "You must obey my wish and respect our traditions."

"Alright," I said with a nod. "But you should know that this long separation tortures me more than you can see."

A lovely blush crept onto her angelic face again.

"Thank you," she said, "In turn, I must abide by your customs too. Tell me what I should do. What loving couples are supposed to do in your world?"

"Oh!" I breathed. "Now that you mentioned it, yes, we ought to do all those lovely things. In my world, we must first go on a date."

The fact that she considered us a 'couple' already made me weak in the knees.

"What is a date?" Amarisa asked. "Is it a special holy day?"

I laughed.

"No! A date is for two people who would go out to enjoy an event or a meal. It's like a special moment for new lovers to get to know one another."

"This sounds indeed sensible, and what should we do on a date like that?" she asked, smiling with her breathtaking dimples. I never knew she had them! I grinned back, enjoying the way her irises twinkled like blinking stars.

"Oh, lots of things!" I said. "We can have a candlelight dinner. We can do a boat ride on the river. We can go to a movie..."

"A movie?" Amarisa asked with a curious frown.

"Ah, silly me. I forgot you don't know what a movie is," I said. "Well, a movie is like a series of images that move to narrate a story."

"Oh I see," she said then paused for a moment like she just had an epiphany popping into her head.

"What are thinking?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said and smiled again. She then leaned over to kiss my cheek before she enveloped me in her arms. Her face pressed against the side of my neck. Her fragrant breath tickled my skin. I sighed in contentment and tightened my hold around my princess.

"Nikita, I do fancy a date like that with you," Amarisa whispered.