Eleven: Modelling Background †

Start from the beginning

"That's good, that's good," gushed Mom. "What about Johanna? Is she still nice?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she is - really obsessed with science but she's really nice."

Mom sighed in relief. "Honey, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to go. My breakfast is ready and then I'll have to go. But thank you for calling. Please do call again soon and we'll be coming to see you in the fall when you have your athletics competition. I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too, Mum."

I hung up and threw the phone down next to me on my bed. Dejectedly, it landed on my Psychology folder and bounced down to the floor. I groaned before picking it up, inspecting the screen to make sure there was nothing on the screen. I stuffed it back in my pocket when there was nothing on it.

Frowning, I made my way to the food court to see if lunch was ready yet. Instead, I found Jason sat in his own presence. I made my way to him, wanting to thank him again for conducting me to the nurse's office – even if it had been a slightly wasted expedition. I sat down opposite Jason and he looked up in surprise to see me. He stuffed something back into his pocket; he must have been on his phone.

"Hi," I greeted. "I just wanted to say thank you again for taking me to the nurse's office. Not many teenagers would be chivalrous enough to do that. Plus, I haven't really seen you properly since Lea came for you."

Jason smiled and shook his head. "Honestly, you don't have to apologise. It was nothing," he objected.

"Where's Lea?"

Jason shrugged carelessly. "Well, she just text me saying she was staying in arts and crafts throughout lunch to finish something. We said we'd meet here for lunch but she has this project final thing coming up and she needs to finish it. She's painting several portraits and then doing something on the computer with them. It's all very technical," Jason teased. "I don't know how she does it. I can't work computers very well."

I raised an eyebrow. "You can't?"

He shook his head, a broad grin on his face. "No, I was too busy outside kicking a ball at anything I could. Mainly it was my parent's cars until they made me change my place of practice to the local park."

I laughed. "You could never have been such a devilish child."

Jason chuckled. "Oh, you have no idea." Something twinkled in his eyes and I realised that I had some more stuff on Jason now. He was a never-ending ambiguity that just seemed to keep astonishing me at any chance he could.

Jason's phone tinged from his pocket and he pulled it out before sighing. "Lea wants me to meet her at her arts and crafts classroom. She wants to paint my portrait, apparently." He paused, thrusting his phone back into his pocket. "I can see why," he spoke nonchalantly. "I'm a very handsome model. I've even been offered to do some modelling before."

"Are you being serious?" My jaw dropped as he stood up.

Jason nodded, staring down at me. "Deadly. I'll show you pictures sometimes. Although, I do ask you not to tell Lea about showing you my modelling pictures. She's the only one that really knows about the modelling fetish. Anyway, I've got to go. I'll see you later."

My stomach was churning with the very thought of Jason modelling. Maybe if he didn't want Lea to know he was going to show me one day was because they were him shirtless or that he was modelling underwear. My mind began to wonder what Jason's body was really like under those clothes of his and if he was as sculptured as he made himself out to be.

I put my head in my hands, mortified with myself for such unholy thoughts. I could already feel my warm cheeks reddening and my hands becoming clammy. I had to leave the food court - and quickly, at that. Instead, I decided to buy a sandwich from town and by the time I finished it, I just had time to get my bag and Psychology folder before the bell went and I was already waiting outside

Since Jason had divulged the secretive information that he used to be a model to me, I found it easier to add more to the tasks sheet. I was writing the whole lesson and despite having to leave many blanks, it still looked like I was really accomplishing something with this project. However, what would deem me by the end of the year, only time would tell.

When the final Psychology lesson for day had ended, that meant the week was over and it was now the weekend. I traipsed back to the room, happy with the effort I was putting in but in dire need of a break from Psychology. I needed to check the library out, anyway but I wasn't much of a library girl. I normally brought my books and even then, I didn't have many books.

But when I got back to my room, I was about to swipe my key card through the lock contrivance fixed to the door when I observed that it already had the green light on. When I really examined the door, I understood why the green light was on when it was meant to be red.

The door was open but only by a crack.

------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

Do you guys feel like the door being open is significant? If you remember, it's been open once before ;) And what do you think about Jason's modelling background? Let me know in the comments please!

Thank you :) x