Chapter 52

Sofia's POV.

I woke up very early and dressed up trying to leave before that devil husband of mine wakes up. I picked my heels with my hands and started tiptoeing down the stairs before he wakes up.

As soon as I finish walking down the stairs I sighed relieved. I quickly walked to the main door to go out of the house but he was standing there with his arms crossed against his chest.

"Going somewhere?" He asked and I quickly shook my head.

"I was just look around the house." I answered hiding my shoes behind me.

"Oh that's nice of you, where you thinking of cleaning the house?" He asked and I nod my head very quickly. "What time do you think it is?"

"Almost seven." I answered softly.

"Nope. It's almost ten and I already took Elijah to school." I was shock at what he just said. I look at the alarm clock and the time was half-past six when I woke up. I made sure I put the alarm on last night.

"How?" I asked confused not knowing what else to say.

"You overslept and Elijah and I didn't want to wake you up." He walked away from the door. "Don't bother opening the door it's locked."

I followed him to the kitchen. "I would never oversleep Benjamin, I even put my alarm on in case I forget to wake up." I said as he poured coffee on a cup.

I hope he dies with that coffee his planning to drink.

"Yes and your alarm went off exactly at half past nine when I dropped some paper works at Carlos and collected some work to do home. So I would say your alarm had a great timing, I come back just in time before you left."

"You messed with my clock that's why it says half past six." I told him but he took a sip of his coffee.

"I didn't mess with your clock. It belongs to me so you can't say it's yours. Anyways you want some coffee." He asked and before I refused he 'accidentally' poured the coffee on me. "I'm so sorry." He apologized putting the cup on the kitchen table.

"You did it on purpose."

"No, I'm really sorry Sofia." He apologized again putting his hand on his heart. "Was the coffee hot. Did it hurt?" He asked and I shook my head after all what's the use of lying when he tasted the coffee. It was obvious it was cold.

"Now I have to change." I semi-yelled and he just laughed turning around. "You messed with the clock and now you ruined my clothes."

"Babe don't blame me blame the game." He told me. "Anyways I'll give you a lift why don't you go change."

"You really would?" I asked and he nod. "You not playing me this time are you?"

"Nope. I'm really going to give you a lift." He said.

"So why didn't you come in my room when I was having a nightmare." I asked him after all he never bothered waking me up from my nightmare.

"You think I would come in your room just to be call a rapist?"

"I said I'm sorry."

"Well, I don't care Sofia all I want you to do is a small favor and that is not to shout or scream in your dreams because Elijah and I can hardly sleep. So trust me when I say this I love my sleep and if I wake up I might just turn to your stepfather." He laughed walking passed me. "Hurry up and get ready."