Part 64

Ian's POV

My nerves are killing me. The doors were opened and... I saw Tre Holloway. Great.

"Oh, hey man! What's up?" He had a bright smile on his face. I looked to my side looking for Jane but she was already gone.

"Oh... Uhmm... Cheryl asked for me." I said.

"Yeah? Well, we already had our coffee a minute ago..." He said. Clearly, misunderstanding me.

"Who's that babe?" I heard a female voice with a Geordie accent. Oh my God... That's her voice!!

Tre opened the door wider.

"Do you know this guy?" He asked her. Cheryl turned around and it was like in slow motion for me. Her hair flipped around her and her eyes met with mine. She is so breath-takingly beautiful. I was frozen right where I'm standing. She smiled at me, flashing two perfect dimples on each side of her cheek.

"Erik! Come in. Babe, can you leave us for a while?" She asked.

Tre shrugged. "Uhmm... yeah. I guess." He said. He eyed me as he passed by but I didn't care.

I slowly walked into her dressing room, trying to be as cool as possible. I don't know what struck me.

"Hey! How are you?" She asked.

"I'm good." I said, not wanting to talk but just stare at her. I noticed she was wearing a dark blue jacket with a wolverine print on it. I had one of those when I was a teenager. And I never saw it again. As I remember, I loved that jacket. It was like my own "superhero" cape.

"That's a nice jacket." I said. "I think I-" Cheryl suddenly looked at me. 'had one of those when I was younger.' I continued in my thoughts as I looked at her somewhat shocked expression.

I looked somewhere else. Oh my god. I wasn't supposed to say that. It's unlikely for Erik to comment on clothes. I bit my lip and hoped I didn't gave my self away.

Cheryl's POV

Just as he said those words, I was really surprised. Erik has seen this jacket before but never really commented on it. Why say something about it now? My heart raced and I looked ino his eyes but just as I made eye conact, he instantly looked away. I stepped closer to him and I noticed my knees were becoming jelly. I feel something odd here.

"Anyway, what did you call me for?" He asked as he sat on the couch, making more distance between us.

"I was just-" I tried to make eye contact but he wouldn't even look up at me. It's Ian... a voice at the back of my mind said. I shook my head slightly. That's just ridiculous, Cheryl. I thought to myself. "Ehmm... about the jacket. I just want to return it to you." I said.

"What?" He raised his brow. "That's not mine." He said but then his hand went to scratch the back of his head, which was one of Ian's mannerisms when he lies. But, this is just impossible. Erik just looks like Ian. Uugghh, Cheryl stop it. Ian is gone. He would've called or done something to contact me if he's still alive.

"I mean, it's your brother's... I just don't wanna keep it anymore." I removed it and gave it to him.

Ian's POV

I felt the familiar fabric with my hands and a memory flashed into my head.

"Kim! Hey, can you give this to Chez? Tell her it's my special healing jacket." I handed the jacket to a dark-skinned, blonde woman. Well, it's not really dark... it's kinda like light dark. You get me.

"Yeah! Sure okay! Take care of yourself, okay?" She said.

I recognized her face as Cheryl's band mate in Girls Aloud, Kimberley Walsh. So, she was my friend too...

"Are you okay?" Cheryl asked. She sat down beside me and I tried to concentrate on what's happening at present. But, I had another picture in my head. I was sitting beside Cheryl's hospital bed and holding her hands. I felt the fear of losing her. I wanted to do everything and anything just to keep her live. That's how much I loved her.

I snapped out of it and turned to look at her. I can feel the rush of my feelings for her coming back.

"I'm okay." I said. "Don't you miss him?"

"I do, always. He'll always have a place in my heart." She said. At that moment, I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Why are you giving this to me?" I asked. Does she want nothing to do with me anymore?

"I just thought... You'd like something that Ian once had that was special to him. I know you and Ian never really had much time to bond..." She said.

I felt relieved at her answer. I wiped my tears away before they could even fall.

"You keep it. Ian gave this to you and it will stay with you." I said.

"Are you sure?... Thanks." She smiled slightly.

Cheryl's POV

I hugged him and he felt different. He kind of stiffened under my touch. But, he hugged me back which was shocking because Erik doesn't ever hug back. He is so different today.

I got a glimpse of his neck and I didn't see his scar. Oh my god... where is his scar? My heart jumped and I knew why I was feeling something different. No... it can't be. Cheryl, stop hoping... But, I have to make sure.

I pulled away and held his face in-between my hands so I could look closely at his eyes. He sorta panicked but I am very sure those weren't eye contacts. I covered my mouth in disbelief. Oh my god. He is Ian!!!

"Ian... Oh my god..." I hugged him again-tighter this time because I felt like he's gonna disappear again if I didn't. It has been such a long time. I can't believe it. He's really back. I cried on his shoulder and my body was totally shaking.

Ian's POV

Suddenly, she kissed me. And I felt... extremely happy and relieved that she still has feelings for me.

I knew that right when I first saw her in this room that I fell in love with her again like my heart knew that it belonged to her and only to her.

"I missed you." She whispered against my lips.

"I missed you too." And I hated myself for taking too long.

"I thought I'd never see you again." Tears fell down from her eyes and I wiped them away from her.

"I'm sorry..." I said.

"Why didn't you just say that it was you the minute you walked in?" She asked.

"I... had a reason." I said.

"This is real, right?" She asked.

"Yeah..."

"You can't imagine how happy I am right now..." She smiled brightly at me with tears still in her eyes. "What happened to you?"

I was about to tell her everything when some guy knocked and shouted that the concert is gonna start any minute now.

"I'll just tell you later, okay?" I said. "How about my place after your concert?"

"Oh shit..." She suddenly said. "I have a boyfriend."

"Uhmm... yeah, I know..." I awkwardly said. I totally forgot.

"Oh god... what am I gonna do?" I heard her mutter to herself.

"I ask the same question to myself." I said. "We really need to talk."

"Yeah... we do..." She nodded. "I'm sorry Ian... I thought... I thought you were..."

I didn't wanna hear it for both our sake so I cut her off. "I'll be in the audience. Good luck Cheryl!" I smiled a little. I wanted to kiss her one more time but it's just not appropriate for now.

"So, you'll wait for me 'til I finish the concert, right?"

I nodded before I closed the door behind me.