Part Five

Cheryl's POV

"Ohh... He's so cute!!!" Kimba took Fortis from me and cuddled him.

"Yep, he's our baby...right mommy?" Ian stuck a tongue at me.

I rolled my eyes. But I can't help but think how great a father he would be. I've been separated with Ashley for too long. Ian seems to be a really great guy but it is just so awkward if I started going out with him since he is so close to Ashley. I don't even know if he likes me or if he's just playing around like right now.

"Hmmm... you two seem to get closer by the minute." Kim looked me as if to say 'you should go out with him'.

I shook my head.

Ian looked at me and smiled. He seems to be happy about that comment.

"Where's my mam?" I asked.

"Oh, she left for Newcastle already. And I kind of promised to stay with you but I have a date with Justin tonight. I mean it has been weeks since we saw each other..." She then looked at Ian.

Ian cleared his throat.

"Err... I can take care of Cheryl. You can go on with your date." He said.

"Really!? That's great... Thanks buddy... you are the best. Don't forget to say douche bag to that douche." Kim gave him a quick hug and kissed my cheek before she left.

"Don't forget to say douche bag to that douche?" I raised my brows at Ian.

"It's a joke between us." He said.

"Yeah? And to whom is that for?" I asked, curious about it.

"Honestly?"

I nodded.

"Ash." He just said then he kept himself busy.

"Are you two okay?" I asked.

"No." He set the plates and pulled my chair out for me. "I think he just needs time on his own. Even if I was there for him, I might just get things worse."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's just say that he really is not the man I know anymore."

I felt sad about that.

"I'm sorry." I said.

Finally, he looked at me.

"Why? You did nothing wrong." He said.

"I think it's because of me that he is like that."

Ian's face became filled with concern.

"No... it's not you. He did that to himself."

"Maybe I wasn't good enough for him." I avoided his gaze.

"That's ridiculous. He's lucky that he even got you." He dismissed.

I don't know if I should be flattered with that or not. I wonder what happened between them.

Ian's POV

We silently ate our lunch after that conversation.

"Cheryl..." I said without really knowing what to say next.

I looked at her and her nose was turning a bit red. Is she going to cry?

She didn't look at me and kept being busy with her food.

I just had finished mine and I brought my plates to the sink. I thought I'd cheer her up with some ice cream. But when I came back she was really crying this time. I don't know what to do. I've never seen a girl cry before me until now. Okay, maybe I've seen a couple when I fire irresponsible people.

I set the bowls and the ice cream down and just sat beside her.

I hugged her tight and just rubbed her back. I really hate seeing her like this. She sobbed on my chest and I just let her do that.

"Sshhh... he's not worth crying over." I said. "Someday, you'll meet someone who would really take care of you and love you."

Fortis barked. "See even Fortis agrees to what I said." I patted her back.

Cheryl's POV

It's miserable. I'm getting divorced-I already filed for it last May, got malaria, what else am I going to go through? This is just too much. If Ian wasn't here, I would have mentally tortured myself with those stuff. I pulled myself away from him. And I just felt the same thing when I accidentally kissed him. Suddenly, I see him in new light. Come to think of it, Ian has always been there for me. He had no biases and he used to fix my problems with Ashley, only until he left the country last year. That's when things with Ash came apart and he became uncontrollable.

"Thank you." I said. "For everything, for being there for me and Ashley when things were going bad, for taking care of everything else when I can't do it alone-"

I got cut off when he kissed me. I haven't been kissed for a long time. At least not as passionately as he is doing right now. His hands caressed my cheek and his right hand brushed through my hair and stayed entangled in it. His kiss was gentle and it's like I'm floating. He took away every depressing feeling away from me with his kisses. He deepened his kiss and I longed for more of him.

My heart exploded and I was intoxicated with him. I pulled him closer and he started to kiss my neck. I moaned. God... he is such a great kisser.